Reimbursements are repayments made to the employees by the organization, for the business expenses they incur. Every organization is required to make timely reimbursements, but recording and tracking them is a tedious process. However, with Zoho Expense you can record your reimbursements and track them easily. You can also integrate Zoho Expense with our partner banks or payment gateways, and reimburse the expenses directly from the application.
With Zoho Expense, you can have a complete track of the expenses that are manually reimbursed by recording the reimbursements.
Only the admin has access to all the reports submitted across the organization from the All Approvals section under the Reports Approval module and has permission to record reimbursement for these reports.
Recording a reimbursement
To record a reimbursement:
- Click the All Approvals section under the Reports Approval module on the left sidebar.
- Select To be reimbursed filter to see a list of approved reports waiting to be reimbursed.
- Select an approved report for which you wish to record reimbursement.
- Click the Record Reimbursement button.
- Click on the Paid Through option to select the account from which the reimbursement amount is paid. (If your bank account is configured under your Zoho Books account, then it will be visible in the drop-down.)
- Enter other details like notes, reference number, etc.
- Click on Record Reimbursement.
Note: If your bank account is not configured under your Zoho Books account, then Petty Cash is considered as your default Paid Through account.
Recording reimbursements for reports with excess advance payment
If the employee’s report total is less than the advance payment, admins can receive the balance amount from the employee or carry forward the remaining advance amount, which employees can apply to another expense report.
Admins can record reimbursement if the employee returns the balance advance amount:
- Go to Reports Approval.
- Select the particular report under all approvals.
- Click Record Reimbursement.
- Select returned the balance amount option if the employee has returned the balance amount, and enter the other details such as Received on, Notes and Reference#.
- Select Use the balance amount on future expense reports option if you wish to carry forward the advance payment.
- Click Record Reimbursement to save the details.
Now employees can view the newly created advance payment in their Advance Payments module and use the amount on future expense reports.
Recording reimbursements in bulk
To record the reimbursement for multiple reports at a time, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to All Approvals section under the Reports Approval module.
- Select the reports for which you would like to record the reimbursement.
- Click on the Reimburse button located on top of the list.
- Choose a reimbursement date and a Paid Through account through which reimbursement was done.
- Click on Record Reimbursement button.
You can undo reimbursement using the following steps.
- Go to the All Approvals section under the Reports Approval module on the left sidebar.
- Select Reimbursed filter to see a list of reimbursed reports.
- Select the report for which you wish to undo reimbursement.
- Click on the Undo reimbursement button.