What are compound taxes? How do I convert a tax into a compound tax?
A Compound tax is calculated on top of the primary tax.
Let’s take an example where the price of an item is $100. After applying 10% primary tax, the value of the item sums up to $110. Now, adding a 10% compound tax will add 10% of $110 to the resultant value. Thus, the end value after applying the compound tax would be $121.
To convert a tax into a compound tax:
- Go to the Taxes tab and click on the + New Tax button or click on an existing tax entry.
- A new pop-up window will appear on the screen.
- If you wish to convert the tax into a compound tax, check on the ‘Yes, this tax is a compound tax’ option.
- Click Save for the changes to take effect.
- Now your tax of choice will be converted into a compound tax.