Yes, you can associate multiple categories with the same expense or receipt by itemizing. To do this:
- Go to the Expenses module on the left sidebar.
- Click + New Expense.
- Enter the expense Date and select a Merchant.
- Click the Itemize button in the right corner of the Amount field in the expense form.
- Enter the first expense as your first item and select a category.
- Enter the next expense as your second item. Associate it with a different category.
- Select a customer and make it billable, if required.
- Add it to an existing report or to a new report.
- Click Save and Close. The expense will be saved as an itemized expense.