How do I record the excess advance payment I receive from my employees?
Sometimes employees will have excess advance amount when their expenses are lesser than the advance amount received. Under such cases, they give back the excess amount in the form of a refund. This can also be recorded in Zoho Expense.
To record a refund:
- Click on the Approvals section on the left sidebar.
- Select the report that has excess advance amount.
- Click on the Record Reimbursement button.
- A record reimbursement screen will appear on the page, and will display the excess advance amount.
- Click on the Record Reimbursement button to record the refund.
Note: A reimbursement amount will be a negative value if it is a refund.