Zoho Billing - Zoho Sign Integration
Digital signatures have come to be a great alternative to conventional signatures with pen and paper–especially for online accounting software like Zoho Billing. Digitally signing a document can add a layer of authenticity as well as prevent unauthorized changes to them.
Zoho Sign makes the process of digitally signing documents as simple as it can get. Here’s what the integration with Zoho Billing can do:
- You and your users will be able to sign invoices and quotes with a single click before they are sent to your customers.
- You can restrict invoices and quotes from being sent to your customers unless they have been signed.
- Your customers can be required to sign quotes before they can accept them from the customer portal.
ON THIS PAGE
Set up the Integration
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Zoho Apps.
Click the Connect button next to Zoho Sign.
Click Connect Now on the next screen.
Configure the documents for which you require digital signatures.
- User Signature for Invoices: Enable this option if you want to restrict invoices from being sent unless they have been signed.
- User Signature for Quotes: Enable this option if you want to restrict quotes from being sent unless they have been signed.
Customer Signature for Quotes: Enable this option if you want your customers to sign a quote before they accept it from the customer portal.
Now, the integration has been set up and you’re all set to digitally sign documents in Zoho Billing.
Only admin users and users with approval permission for invoices will have access to sign an invoice. Additionally, you will have to invite users to your Zoho Sign’s organization so they can configure their own signature, without which, they will not be able to sign invoices in Zoho Billing–even if they have permission to do so.
The signature that you configured in Zoho Sign can be used to sign invoices in Zoho Billing. To do this:
- Go to the Invoices module (under Sales) from the left sidebar.
Select the invoice that you want to sign.
Click Sign Invoice.
Check the preview of your signature in the pop-up that follows and click Sign Invoice.
Now, the PDF copy of this invoice will be digitally signed. The signature will be placed in the Signature section of your invoice template.
You will not be able to view the digital signature in:
- A PDF obtained by printing more than one copy of the invoice at a particular time.
- A PDF obtained by printing or downloading invoices in bulk.
- The preview shown on the invoice details screen.
Handling Signatures for System-generated Invoices
Zoho Billing creates invoices automatically in certain cases. Here’s how to handle digital signatures for them:
- Invoices from quotes: If you’ve configured your quotes to get converted to invoices automatically when they’ve been signed by your customers, you can choose to add a digital signature to them by selecting the Yes, Save, Sign and Send option in your quote’s preferences.
Only admin users and users with approval permission for quotes will have access to sign quotes from Zoho Billing. Additionally, you will have to invite users to your Zoho Sign’s organization so they can configure their own signature, without which, they will not be able to sign quotes in Zoho Billing–even if they have permission to do so.
Signing a quote is similar to signing invoices in Zoho Billing. To sign:
- Go to the Quotes module (under Sales) from the left sidebar.
Select the quote that you want to sign.
- Check the preview of your signature in the pop-up that follows and click Sign Quote.
Now, the PDF copy of this quote will be digitally signed. The signature will be placed in the Signature section of your quote’s template.
Getting Customer Signatures on Quotes
Your customers will be required (if configured) to sign their quotes from the customer portal before they can accept them.
Whenever your customers choose to accept a quote, a pop-up will appear asking them to sign the quote before they can continue. Your customers will be able to seamlessly sign the quote from that pop-up using their preferred signing method, which could be a drawn signature, a typed signature or an uploaded image.
Once your customers have signed and accepted a quote, you will be able to view their signature on the quote’s PDF copy.
Edit Signed Documents
If you edit a signed quote or invoice, you will not be able to perform the following actions unless you re-sign the document:
- Download a PDF
- Email the document
- Print the document
- Convert a quote into an invoice
- Send Snail Mail
- Share the document’s link
- Notify via SMS
- Mark the document as Sent
To re-sign the document, follow the same steps as signing it.
Note: You can view the different PDF versions of a signed invoice or quote from the Comments & History tab. These PDF versions will also be available in the Documents module of Zoho Sign.
Delete the Integration
If you’d like to stop digitally signing documents in Zoho Billing:
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Zoho Apps.
- Click View Details next to Zoho Sign.
- Click the Delete Integration button in the top right corner.
- Click Delete.
Now, the integration with Zoho Sign will be deleted. However, your documents that were digitally signed will remain digitally signed even after deleting the integration.