If you are temporarily not transacting with any contact, you can mark them as inactive.
If you still want to delete the contact that you’ve created in Zoho Books, you have to delete all the sales and purchase transactions associated with them. You will also have to delete any journal entries associated with the contact.
To view the sales transactions of your customer:
- Go to Contacts and select the customer.
- Select the Sales tab to the right side of the page.
To view the purchase transactions of your vendor:
- Go to Contacts and select the vendor.
- Select the Purchases tab to the right side of the page.
You must delete the transactions displayed in these Sales and Purchases tab to delete the contact.
After you’ve deleted the transactions for the contact, you can delete the contact. Here’s how:
- Go to Contacts and select the contact you want to delete.
- Select More > Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm.
To delete multiple contacts at once:
- Go to Contacts and check the boxes next to the contacts you want to delete.
- Click More > Delete.
- Select Delete to confirm.