Update Your Email Address
The email address that you have provided while signing up for Zoho Books will be your registered email address by default. Before getting to know how to change this email address, let us understand a few things.
When you sign up for Zoho Books, you will be registered as a user with the Admin access. The registered email address will be associated with this user (you). If you want to change this email address, you’ll have to add a new user (with the Admin access) with the new email address in your Zoho Books organisation and delete the previous user with the old email address.
To update your email address, follow the steps given below.
Add a new user
Firstly, you’ll have to create a new user with the updated email address. Here’s how you can do it:
- Log in to Zoho Books with your current email address.
- Go to Settings > Users & Roles.
- Click Invite User in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter the new email address in the Email field.
- Enter a user name and select the Role as Admin.
- Click Send.
Verify email address
After adding a new user with the updated email address in Zoho Books, you’ll have to verify it. Here’s how you can do it:
- A verification link will be sent to the updated email address from Zoho Books.
- Click the verification link and get your email address verified.
- Set up a new password for the updated email address.
After this, you can log in to Zoho Books with the updated email address and password.
Delete the old email address
You can delete the old email address if you want to use Zoho Books only from the updated email address. Here’s how you can do it:
- Log in to Zoho Books with the updated email address.
- Go to Settings > Users.
- Select the user with the old email address.
- Select Delete.
- Click OK to confirm.
If you want to use the old email address at a later point in time, you can mark it inactive by clicking Mark as Inactive.
You can now start logging in to Zoho Books with the updated email address. The old email address will no longer be associated with your Zoho Books organisation.