Channels are medium for collaboration and communication within and outside the organization. They are modified versions of group chats for efficient conversations, by having a structure similar to an organization hierarchy with roles and permissions. Cliq channels can support upto 1500 users and an organization can have any number of channels.
Table of contents
Cliq channels are classified into 4 levels mirroring an organization structure. They are channels for: whole organization, within teams, personal use and collaboration with external users.
- What are organization channels?
- What are team channels?
- Can I create a team channel with multiple teams?
- What are personal channels?
- What are external channels?
- What are invite only channels under Organization and Team?
- Why are invite only channels needed when personal channels works the same way?
Create and join channels
One can create new channels on any topic ranging from hobbies to work, or join in any existing channel to take part in the conversations. Following are detailed info on creating and joining channels.
- How do I create a channel?
- How do I join in channels within and outside my organization?
- Quick ways to create and join channels through actions menu in LHS
- How to add participants in a channel?
- How do I invite users from other organizations to join an external channel?
- How to remove participants from a channel?
Channel roles and permissions
Cliq Channels are fitted with user roles and permissions to structure the actions performed in a channel. The following help pages gives clear info on these roles and permissions.
- What is channel info and how to view it?
- What are roles in a channel and how do I view them?
- How to assign/unassign roles in channels
- What are channel permissions and how do I view them?
- How to edit channel permissions?
Cliq channels are fitted with many features to enhance collaboration and communication among the users of the channel. The following pages details the features of Cliq channels.
- How do I view the channels that I'm already a part of?
- How do I start a PrimeTime session in a channel?
- Can I mention users(@) and tag channels(#)
- How do I share a channel's link with other users?
- Is there any limit in channels usage based on my organization's Cliq plan?
One can perform a plethora of actions in Cliq channels. The following help pages are filled with detailed info on these actions.
- How do I mute a channel?
- How to pin an important channel under My Pins?
- Can I edit a channel's info?
- How do I leave a channel?
- How to clear all messages in a channel?
- How to delete a channel?
- How to archive/unarchive a channel?
- What is the difference between deleting and archiving a channel?