What are channel permissions and how do I view them?
Channel actions can becontrolled by set of parameters called Permissions. These channel permissions are unique to each channel i.e. the permissions settings can vary for each channel.
Example: If the team leader wants to have a channel for only announcements, then being the super admin the team leader can disable the permission to send messages for all users. Thus the channel will now be an announcement channel as only the team leader will be able to post messages.
The permissions available in channels are as follows:
- Edit Channel Info: To edit channel name, logo and description
- Add participant: To add participants in the channel
- Remove participant: To remove participants from the channel
- Clear all messages: To clear entire conversation history of the channel
- Archive channel: To archive the channel
- Delete channel: To delete the channel
- Send message: To send messages in channel
- Mention users: To use @mentions for users, @mentions for teams (org groups) and #tags for channel
- Host PrimeTime: To start a primetime session in the channel
Channel permissions can be viewed by all channel users in Channel Preview. Easiest way is to click on the channel display image in chat window to open its preview. In here, under Permissions one can view the permissions set for that channel.