How to archive/unarchive a channel?
If a channel is not needed for the time being it can be archived and later on unarchived when needed.
Archive: To archive a channel go to Channel Preview, i.e. under Actions select Channel info. In here click on the last icon in bottom right corner and select Archive.
- You will get a prompt asking if you want to go ahead with archiving the channel, select the Yes option to archive the channel.
- Archiving a channel will block it from further use. Once archived no actions can be performed on it like clearing chats, leaving from the channel, pinning the channel, etc...
- The channel will no longer be listed in left sidebar and is not searchable, but the conversation will not be deleted.
Unarchive: To unarchive a channel, click on the Join next to channels in left sidebar, type the channel name in search bar and select the channel. In the screen that follows click on Unarchive.
- You will get a prompt asking if you want to go ahead with unarchiving the channel, select the Yes option to unarchive the channel.
- The channel will be listed under Archived Channels when searched by channel participants.
The Archive/Unarchive options will be visible only to users who have permission to do so.
Each channel has permissions that can be set to allow/restrict users to perform certain actions. These permissions are based on user roles, learn about them in detail here - Permissions in Cliq channels