In addition to the default fields, Zoho Expense allows you to add new fields in your reports. For example, when you create a report in Zoho Expense you enter details like Report Title, Duration, Business purpose, Submit To, etc. However, if you want to add a new field to receive additional information from the employees, you can do it by adding custom fields.
To add custom fields to your report:
- Click Admin View.
- Click the
Go to Settings on the left sidebar.
Gear icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Go to Modules under Customization.
- Click Reports and navigate to the Fields tab.
- Click + New Field on the top right corner.
- Enter a name for your custom field and select a data type. After you select an appropriate data type, a preview of how the custom field will look like while creating a record will be displayed.
- Select PII or ePHI based on the information that the user will be entering in this field. If the information that the user will enter in the custom field is confidential and can be used to identify a person, you can select the PII (Personally Identifiable Information) option to protect the privacy of the users' data. You can choose to encrypt and store it if the data is sensitive or store it without encryption if the data is non-sensitive. If the user will enter medical information that can be used to identify a person, select ePHI (Electronic Protected Health Information) and PII. For example, an electronic copy of medical report will be ePHI. You can mark only fields such as Text, Email, URL, Phone, and Date as ePHI. The data will be considered as sensitive so it will be encrypted and stored.
- You can mark a custom field as mandatory, so that the record cannot be saved if the field is not filled while creating a record.
- Click Save.