Yes, you can have encrypted fields in expenses. When you add the custom fields with the Data Type, Text Box (Single Line), Email, URL, Phone, Number, or Date in expenses, you can encrypt them, if they are Personally Identifiable Information (PII). To create an encrypted field:
- Go to Admin View.
- Click the icon in the top right corner and select Modules under Customization.
- Click Expenses.
- Click + Add New Field.
- Provide a Label Name for the custom field.
- Select a Data Type for it.
- If the field that you’re going to add is a Personally Identifiable Information (PII), mark it as Yes, it’s PII. Encrypt and store it.
- Click Save. Once this is done, only the users with access to PII will be able to view the details of that custom field.
Note: You can create encrypted fields for all modules.