To create a mileage expense:
- Click the + icon next to Expenses in the left sidebar. OR
- Go to Expenses and click the + New Expense button at the top right corner. You can also add mileage by selecting Add Mileage from the + New Expense dropdown.
- A New Expense page will open.
- Click the Add Mileage tab. A form to create a mileage expense will appear.
- If you use your vehicle for business needs, you can create a personal mileage expense to claim the fuel reimbursement. Mark the Personal field if you want to create a personal mileage expense.
- Choose a category from the Category dropdown for your mileage expense.
- Choose a vehicle if your organisation uses different mileage rates for different vehicles.
- Select the method through which you want to calculate your mileage expense. Select the Distance Traveled/Travelled option to enter the distance travelled/travelled, or select the Odometer Reading to calculate mileage from the start reading and end reading of your odometer.
Pro Tip: Use the Zoho Expense mobile application to connect to GPS services and fetch the distance travelled automatically.
- The Amount is calculated automatically based on the distance travelled/travelled or the odometer reading and the prescribed mileage rate.
- Mark the Claim reimbursement option if you’ve spent your money for the expense.
- Mark the Billable option if you want to bill the expense to your customer.
- If you’ve checked the Billable option, you can choose the customer from the Customers dropdown.
- Use the Add to Report dropdown to add your mileage expense to an existing report or to a new report.
- Click Save and Close.