How do I convert my card transactions into expenses? Can it be done automatically?
You can create expenses from your card transactions. The corporate card expenses thus created will be non-reimbursable. Expenses will be automatically created for corporate card transactions, if the admin has enabled it under the Cards section of the Expense Preferences.
To create expenses from a card transaction manually:
- Go to Cards on the left sidebar.
- Click the corporate or personal card for which you want to create expenses.
- Click the transaction you want to convert into an expense. You will see a list of expenses that match the selected transaction. You can match an existing expense with your card transaction, thus avoiding double entry.
- If you do not find a matching expense from the list of expenses, click Add Manually to create an expense.
- Enter the required details and click Save and Close.
You can also create expenses from the Expenses module.
- Click the + icon next to Expenses on the left sidebar.
- Navigate to From Cards tab and click Convert to Expense at the right corner of the transaction you want to convert to an expense.
- Click Add Manually and enter the required details.
- Click Save and Close and an expense will be created.