Chat Routing Options
Below are the options available for routing the chats:
- Do not route - The chats based on the specific rule will not be routed to any operator.
- Route one by one - The chats will be routed to the operators in the round-robin method (one by one), when they are available. For example: If there are 10 operators, then the visitor chats will be routed to first operator to the last available operator in a series, when the ten operator got the first round chat, then the second round of chats will be routed starting from the first operator. If an operator turns their status as busy, then they will be removed from the queue temporarily and moved as the last operator. And, they'll receive chat only when their turn comes in the queue.
- Route to selected operators - On choosing this option, a (+) plus symbol to will appear you can add the operators of your choice. The chats from the visitors based on the specific rule selected will be routed to the selected operators even if there are other operators available. For example: If you have selected a specific rule to route the chats from the Europe region to a specific operator, then the chats from the region will be routed to only that operator. If the status of the operator you have chosen is turned busy, then the chat will go missed. It will not be routed to any other operator.
- Route to the first available operator - The chats will be routed to the operators who ended the chat first and available to take further. For example: If there are 10 operators and everyone is engaged in chat, and the 2nd operator completed the chat before the other operator and the status turned available first, then the next chat will be routed to the second operator.
- Route to Least Loaded: Chats will be routed to the operators based on two criteria - to the least loaded (based on the active chat count) and the ones who didn't assist visitors for a longer time compared to other operators. Say there are 2 operators A and B. Operator A is assisting 4 visitors and B is assisting 3 visitors. Say A has completed chat session with one visitor and a new chat request comes in right after. The total number of active chat count for both the operators will become 3. But, the new chat will be assigned to operator B and not A, as A has just completed a chat session.