Zoho Projects and Asana extensions in Zoho Mail
Zoho Projects is a Project management software for planning, tracking, and collaborating on projects and tasks with your team. eWidget supports Zoho Projects integration to aid you in managing your projects and tasks from Zoho Mail. Zoho Projects needs to be configured in order to use it in eWidget.
Setting up Zoho Projects
- Login to your Zoho Mail Account.
- Go to Settings>> Integrations Card.
- Select Zoho Projects card.
- Choose a portal from the drop-down menu displayed.
- Zoho Projects integration will be enabled and listed in eWidget.
Using Zoho Projects Integration
After setting up, follow these steps to use the Zoho Projects integration in eWidget:
- Navigate to the eWidget icon on the bottom-right corner of your screen
- Select Zoho Projects from the app menu
- A list of Open Tasks from your recent project will be displayed by default. Click the drop-down menu beside My Open to select your preferred Task/Bug view.
- View the list of your Recent Projects and All Projects by clicking the drop-down menu in the header.
- Click the Add icon to create Task/Bug depending on the view you are in.
You can also create a task/bug from an email while using this integration in eWidget. The details in the email are populated and displayed in appropriate fields to create the ticket. Use the search option to find the tasks and bugs using its Name or Description. Add Comments and Attachments to a Task or bug and assign it to multiple people from eWidget.
Zoho Mail and Asana users can use this integration to create tasks from emails, set due dates and assign task owners within Zoho Mail through the eWidget.
You need to set up the Asana integration in Zoho Mail to use it in eWidget.
Setting up Asana Integration in eWidget:
- Login to your Zoho Mail account.
- Go to Settings >> Integrations card.
- Navigate to Asana and click on it.
- Click Authenticate.
- You will be redirected to the authentication page in Asana.
- Enter your credentials and click Log in to authenticate your account.
- In Zoho Mail, select your Workspace from the drop-down menu under the Workspace selection section.
The Asana integration will be enabled and listed in the app menu in eWidget.
Using Asana Integration in eWidget:
- Click on the eWidget icon on the bottom-right corner of your mailbox.
- Select Asana from the eWidget app menu.
- You will have options to open, view, edit, create, and search tasks in that specific Workspace.
You can also access the Projects of that specific workspace and mark the tasks complete from the eWidget.
This option lets you view, edit, and comment on the tasks assigned to you in the workspace.
The tasks you create in the eWidget will directly be reflected in Asana.
- Select Asana from the app menu in the eWidget.
- Select Create New Task.
- Fill in all the necessary details in their respective fields and click Create.
You can also create a task from the email when the Asana integration is active. Click Create task in eWidget and the essential details will be pre-filled in the appropriate fields if available.
You can use these two filter parameters in the Search for Task section to shorten your search.
Assignee - Person to whom the task was assigned to.
Name - Name of the Task.
All your Projects associated with this particular workspace will be listed here. You can open and access the set of tasks under each project through this section.