The Chat Window
Now that you have answered your test-incoming request, we want you to take this time to familiarize yourself with the Zoho SalesIQ chat window within the dashboard, and the powerful tools you can use during live chats with your customers.
- At the top of the dashboard, you will see the visitor's name displayed if the visitor's name is not identified then the visitors random ID will be displayed. Chat window is designed to allow you to chat with multiple visitors at once, in one organized placed, with separate chats popping into tabs.
- Below you will see the chat area, which displays the visitors question as the heading, with the time the chat started, the visitors' Name and E-mail displayed below. As the chat continues, the conversation between you and the visitor will be displayed in this window, alongside their display name.
- To begin chatting or reply to your visitor, simply start typing. Navigate below the chat window to see your messages as you type in the editing box, where you can format your text. When you have readied your message to your visitor, hit enter, and the message will be sent directly to your customer and displayed above in the chat window.
- The Visitor's Info opens on the right side of the tab.
- If the visitor has a chat history, then the visitor's Recent Chats will be available under the Recent Chat tab.
- You can view what the visitor is typing in the messaging window even before the visitor sends the message to you.