Indian GST Migration Guide
With respect to the new GST regime releasing on July 1, 2017 in India, Zoho Subscriptions’ Indian edition has geared up to make your business GST Ready. This document focuses on how to get your existing organisation in Zoho Subscriptions to migrate to the new GST regime. If you’re using Zoho Subscriptions’ API, we recommend you to read this article as well.
Any organisation created on or after July 1, 2017 will already be GST ready. You wouldn’t have to migrate your organisation.
To migrate your existing organisation to support the new GST regime, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Update your Tax treatment
- Step 2: Initiate your migration process
- Step 3: Update your GST rates
- Step 4: Update your Plans & Addons
- Step 5: Update your Customers
- Step 6: Update your Subscriptions
Step 1: Update your Tax treatment
- Login to your Zoho Subscriptions application and navigate to Gear icon > Taxes > GST settings.
- In the following screen, you can enable the GST features for your organisation using the checkbox Is your business registered for GST?
- On enabling it, you will be asked to enter your GSTIN.
- If you’re business is registered for composition scheme you can choose to enable that as well using the other checkbox and you will be asked to enter the composition scheme.
- Once you’ve configured your GST settings, click Save.
- To display your GSTIN on the invoices, go to Gear icon > Preferences > Address Format.
- In the following screen, under the Organization Address Format insert the GSTIN placeholder using the dropdown and the label %VATNoLabel% as shown in the images below.
Step 2: Initiate your migration process
- Go to the Dashboard and click the Start Migration button in the GST banner that appears. This will take you to the Migration Wizard page from where you make all your Customers, Plans, Addons, and Subscriptions GST ready.
- As soon as you enter the Migration Wizard, a drop-down will appear prompting you to enter you GSTIN and other tax preferences.
- If you’ve already configured this in the Taxes section, the values will be pre filled. You can verify it and continue with the migration process.
Step 3: Update your GST rate preferences
- Here, you can enter the Inter State Tax Rate and Intra State Tax Rate from the list of default taxes.
- If you want to enter your own taxes, you could create a new tax in the Taxes section and try again.
- After updating your GST rate preferences, click Save and Continue.
Step 4: Update your Plans & Addons
- Here, you can find the list of all plans and addons you’ve created in your organsiation.
- Update the values - whether it’s goods or service, corresponding HSN or SAC code, whether taxable or non-taxable.
- Click Save when you update each plan and addon.
- If all the plans you sell has the same tax rate, you can use the bulk select option and update the tax rate for all the plans/addons in one click. Though, you can update all the fields in one click, you have to manually save them one-by-one.
- You can also choose to skip this process and update it from the Plan/Addon edit section from the admin console.
Step 5: Update your Customers
- Here, you can find the list of all customers in your organsiation.
- Update the values - the customer type, GSTIN if it’s a Registered Business and their Place of Supply.
- Click Save when you update each customer.
Step 6: Update your Subscriptions
- Here, the subscriptions in your organsiation will be listed in the left pane.
- Select the subscription and update it with the new tax and the place of supply. Follow the same step and update all the subscriptions.
- Every time you change the tax for a subscription, the Migration Wizard will dynamically display the new updated invoice amount. The amount is the Yellow section is your old invoice amount and the amount in the Green section is the new updated invoice amount.
- Once you’ve updated all your subscriptions, click the Update button to finish the migration process.
If you need any assistance with this migration process, you can contact our support anytime at email@example.com.