Payment gateways will allow you to charge your customers’ credit/debit card directly from your website when they purchase online. It’s the online equivalent of a swipe machine at a retail store.
When you send out invoices with payment link to your customers, they will essentially enter the card details to complete the payment. So, when the cards details are submitted, they will be transferred to Zoho Subscriptions’ server and then to the merchants’ payment gateway where the transaction will be processed and validated. All this takes only a couple of seconds.
Note: For Indian Edition of Zoho Subscriptions, we only support Razorpay and PayPal.
Razorpay is an online payment gateway which allows Indian businesses to collect one-time and recurring payments online through credit card, debit card, net banking options and popular wallets including Mobikwik, PayUmoney, FreeCharge, Airtel Money, Ola Money and PayZapp.
Connecting Zoho Subscriptions with Razorpay is a 3 step process, beginning with the creation of a Razorpay account, followed by connecting Zoho Subscriptions with Razorpay and finally accepting payments online.
- Step 1: Creating Razorpay Account
- Step 2: Connecting Zoho Subscriptions with Razorpay
- Step 3: Accepting Payments
Step 1: Creating Razorpay Account
In order to use Razorpay for your organisation, you must have an account with Razorpay. If you already have an account, skip to Step 2.
To create a Razorpay account,
- Go to Razorpay.com
- Click on the Sign Up button at the top-right corner.
- In the following page, enter the details required and click Sign Up.
- Upon signing up, you will receive a link to the email address to access your Razorpay account.
- Now, login to your email address and click on the link to access your Razorpay account.
- Once logged into your Razorpay account, click on the Activation tab at the bottom-left.
- In the following screen, enter the details and upload the documents required and submit the form.
- Once submitted, it will take 3-4 business days to verify the same. Razorpay team will keep you posted on the status of your activation through email.
- Now, when your account is approved, login to Razorpay and switch your account from Test to Live Mode using the button at the top-right corner.
- When you’re in Live mode, click on the API Keys tab and click on Generate Live Key button.
- On clicking, your API key and Key ID (Key Secret) will be displayed on a popup which will be needed to enable Razorpay inside Zoho Subscriptions in the next step.
Note: It is advised to save your API Key and Key ID (Key Secret) by downloading them because Key ID will not be displayed again anywhere inside Razorpay account.
Step 2: Connecting Zoho Subscriptions with Razorpay
To connect Zoho Subscriptions with Razorpay,
- After activating your Razorpay account, login to Zoho Subscriptions and navigate to Gear icon > Integrations > Online Payments.
- Click on the Setup Razorpay button under Razorpay and enter the your Merchant ID, Key ID and API Key.
- Finally, click Save.
Step 3: Accepting Payments
Your customers can pay their invoices via Razorpay using the invoice link sent to their email or through Customer Portal. Your customers can pay for a subscription either as one-time or recurring payment.
- If your customer is making an one-time payment for an invoice, after entering the card details ask your customer to disable the checkbox Use this card for future transactions. Since, the checkbox is primarily used for making recurring payments.
To setup recurring payments with Razorpay, your customer has to approve to it from their end.
- If you’re customer is making a recurring payment for an invoice, ask them to enable the checkbox Use this card for future transactions that appears after entering the card details. Only when the checkbox is enabled, Zoho Subscriptions can automatically charge your customer’s card on every subscription renewals.
- After enabling the checkbox, click on the button PROCEED TO PAYMENT.
- Your customers will be asked to enter an OTP (One Time Password) which they would’ve received from Razorpay to the registered mobile number.
- Once that’s done, the entered credit card will be saved and charged automatically on every renewals.
See FAQs related to Razorpay.
To setup PayPal as your preferred gateway,
- Click the Gear icon > Integrations > Online Payments.
Next, click the Setup Now button adjacent to the PayPal logo and enter the following information and click on Save.
Registered email Address: Enter the email address using which you registered in PayPal.
Re-enter the email Address: Re-enter the email address for confirmation.
PayPal Standard: Choose this mode of payment to transact with your customers from across the globe. Your customers can pay you with a credit card even if they don’t have a PayPal account and you’ll receive your payments instantly. In PayPal standard, a percentage is charged as the transaction fee.
PayPal Business Payments: Regardless of the invoice amount, the transaction fee charged by PayPal is 50 cents. Your customers however can make payments only via an eCheck or PayPal balance. The payment may be delayed if the payment is received via eCheck. In this mode of payment, both you and your customers need to have a US PayPal account.
To help you decide which of the Payment Options work for you, click on the compare link to see the comparison between the two.
Note : To know more about accepting payments with PayPal Business click here.
Note: When you integrate with any one of the above Payment Gateways, your gateway credentials will be shared with them.