The Preferences section under Settings can be used to customize certain modules and functions of Zoho Subscriptions.
- Credit Notes
- Address Format
- Address Verification Settings
- Field Customization
To change the preference settings of Invoices, navigate to gear icon > More Settings > Preferences > Invoice. Here you can change preferences related to Invoice module.
- Invoice Number - The two fields Prefix and Next Number can be used to edit the invoice prefix and invoice number to suit your business needs. Note: The Invoice Prefix will be constant and Next Number will be next consecutives of the number entered in the field.
- Group Invoices - This field can be used if a customer has more than one subscription. Enabling this will group multiple invoices for a customer and send them as one. The billing date for the grouped invoices will be same as that of the first subscriptions billing date.
- Invoice Billing Date - This can be used to specify the billing date for the customer. You can either have the billing date to be set as the subscription creation date or you can manually choose them every time you create a subscription.
- Credit Notes - This can be used to enable or disable the option to redeem credit notes at the time of creating, updating or renewing a subscription.
- Metered Billing - Enable or disable Metered Billing for your organization. Learn more about Metered Billing.
- Excess Payments - You can enable or disable the option to redeem excess credits at the time of creating, updating or renewing an offline subscription.
- Payments - You can enable or disable the option to receive email notification upon receiving an online payment.
- Setup Fee Label - You can change how the label of ‘Setup Fee’ appears on your invoices and hosted payment pages.
- Notes - Notes field can be used to display some information related to that invoice to a customer. This will reflect in all the invoices you create.
- Terms and Conditions - Enter the terms and conditions of your business to be displayed in your invoice. This will be displayed in all the invoices created.
- Custom Fields - This can be used to create and display any additional fields in all the invoices.
To change the preference settings of Customers, navigate to gear icon > More Settings > Preferences > Customer. Here you have the options to enable or disable the use of same display name for more than one customer and also to add custom fields in the Customer module to display add additional information.
To change the duplicate contact name details,
- Click on the Preferences tab in the Customer module and check or uncheck the Allow duplicates for customers display name to enable or disable the duplicate the contact name.
- Enter your preference and click on Save.
To change the settings of Payments, navigate to Gear icon > More Settings > Preferences > Payment. Here, you can set the order of the configured payment modes and add custom fields to display any additional information related to Payments.
Reorder the payment modes
All the payment modes that you’ve configured are listed under Preferences. You can rename the payment mode as you would like to display in the hosted payment page and also re-arrange the order in which they are displayed. To reorder the payment mode:
- Click the Reorder button and drag to change the order in which the payment modes are displayed.
- Click the field to rename the payment modes.
- Click Save.
Click Clear to cancel the changes you’ve made.
Your preferences will be refelcted in the hosted payment pages.
To change the preference settings of Credit Notes, navigate to gear icon > More Settings > Preferences > Credit Notes. Here you can add custom fields to display any additional information related to Credit Notes.
To change the preference settings of Customers, navigate to gear icon > More Settings > Preferences > Address Format. Here you can set the address formats for your organization from the placeholders provided. You can insert placeholder by clicking on the drop-down icon next to Insert Placeholders. Make sure to hit Save after editing the address format.
Address Verification Settings
Initially card address was made mandatory in subscriptions. This was initiated by us to avoid confusions with respect to various payment gateways as different payment gateways have different validations. But now you are given that option to decide on whether the card address needs to be shown or not.
Depending on your choice of gateway you can enable the necessary fields of the card address to be shown or to be made mandatory by making the preferences in Address Verification Settings.
Kindly follow the steps below to make card address related changes:
- Click on the gear icon > More Settings > Preferences > Address Verification Settings.
- After making the changes, click on Save.
Branding can be used to upload or change the organization’s logo and change the look and feel of the organization using different themes. You can change the Branding preferences under gear icon > More Settings > Preferences > Branding.
To upload the organization’s logo,
- Click on the Upload your logo button to upload the image from the hard disk.
- To change the existing logo, click on Remove Logo next to the image and click on Upload your logo to upload the new logo from the hard disk.
To change the organization’s theme,
- Click on drop-down icon under Themes and select the theme that suits your taste.
To create a new custom field:
- Go to Settings > Preferences.
- Select the module for which you want to add the custom field in the left menu.
- Select the Field Customization tab on the top of the page.
- Click the + New Custom Field button in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill in the following fields:
Select an appropriate name for your custom field. This field will be displayed when you are entering data in the respective module.
Choose the type of data that you will enter or store in this field. Zoho Subscriptions provides the following data types for custom fields:
- Attachment(Images, PDFs and Documents)
- Auto-generate Number
For fields that don’t contain PII, you can provide default values. The preview of the field and the text will be shown in the form itself.
Select PII or ePHI based on the information that you will be entering in this field.
Select PII (Personally Identifiable Information) if the information that you will enter is confidential and can be used to identify a person. You can mark fields such as Text, Email, URL, Phone, Number and Date as PII. You can choose to encrypt and store it if the data is sensitive or store it without encryption if the data is non-sensitive. Choose if the information you enter will be sensitive or not sensitive:
Sensitive data. Encrypt and store it. This data can be viewed only by users who have permission to access PII.
Not sensitive data. Store it without encryption. Only users with access to protected data can view the details. However, users can use this field to perform advanced searches.
Select ePHI (Electronic Protected Health Information) if the information that you enter can be used to identify a patient. For example, an electronic copy of medical report will be ePHI. You can mark only fields such as Text, Email, URL, Phone, Number, and Date as ePHI. The data will be considered as sensitive; it will be encrypted and stored. Only users with access to protected data can access the fields. Users cannot use this field to perform advanced searches.
If you enter a value in this field, the value will appear by default for this custom field when you are creating a new transaction. You can leave this empty if you do not want to set any default value.
If you mark this field as mandatory, then the form in which the field appears cannot be saved if this field is left empty.
Show in all PDF
While you can enter data in the custom field and save it, you can choose whether this data is displayed in the transaction PDF or not.
Show in Customer Portal/HostedPage
If you are creating a custom field for the Customers module, enabling this option will allow you to display this custom field in the customer portal.
After entering all the fields, click Save. From now on, when you enter data in the respective module, the custom field will be displayed.