Zoho Subscriptions - Zoho CRM Integration
If you have a Zoho CRM account, you can now connect it to Zoho Subscriptions and sync your Zoho CRM data with Zoho Subscriptions easily.
- Connecting to Zoho CRM
- Sync contacts
- Entity triggers
- Accessing Zoho Subscriptions modules in Zoho CRM
Connecting to Zoho CRM
Step 1 : Setting up sync
- Login to your Zoho Subscriptions account.
- Click on Settings and then select Integrations.
- Navigate to Zoho Apps.
- Click on the Connect button under the Zoho CRM section here.
Note: When you integrate with Zoho CRM, the following details will be shared with CRM.
- Organization Name
- Email Address
- Business Location
- Additional Emails
- Customer Information
Step 2 : Generating ZSC key
When you click the button to connect to Zoho CRM, you will be asked to enter your email address as well as the ZSC or Zoho Service Communication key generated from your Zoho CRM account. This will initiate the Zoho Subscriptions - Zoho CRM integration. For every record pushed from Zoho Subscriptions to Zoho CRM, the record owner will be the person associated with the email address entered here. Therefore, take care to ensure that this person has access to all the modules in Zoho CRM.
A ZSC key is unique to a particular Zoho product, and can be used to access your data in that product from other Zoho products. To generate the ZSC key, just click on the link which reads ‘Click here to generate the ZSC key of Zoho CRM’. This will take you straight to the Zoho CRM screen from where you can obtain this key.
Just copy this key, and paste it in the integration screen in Zoho Subscriptions before clicking on Save.
Note : If you’re connecting to a Zoho CRM account where you’re a user and not the admin, you can follow the same process as above after obtaining the desired email address and ZSC key from the admin of the Zoho CRM account.
Setting up the sync
Once you’ve set up your credentials, you can go ahead and start syncing your contacts in Zoho Subscriptions to your accounts/contacts in Zoho CRM. This is a three-step process.
Step 1 : Selecting the module to be synced
Accounts - Only the Accounts in Zoho CRM will be available for integration. They will be synced to Customers in Zoho Subscriptions.
Contacts - Only the Contacts in Zoho CRM will be available for integration. They will be synced to Customers in Zoho Subscriptions.
Accounts and their Contacts - Both the Accounts and the contacts associated with these accounts from Zoho CRM will be available for integration. The Accounts in Zoho CRM will be synced to Customers in Zoho Subscriptions, while the Contacts from Zoho CRM will be synced to Contact persons in Zoho Subscriptions. The contacts under a particular account in Zoho CRM falls as a contact person under the respective customer in Zoho Subscriptions.
Note: When ‘Accounts and their Contacts’ option is selected, only the contacts associated with the account selected in Zoho CRM will be chosen for integration. Contacts in Zoho CRM which are not associated with any account are not synced with Zoho Subscriptions in this scenario.
Step 2 : Extent of the sync
- Fetch from CRM - Zoho CRM accounts/contacts will be imported as Zoho Subscriptions customers/contact persons. However, no Zoho Subscriptions data will be exported to Zoho CRM.
- Sync both ways - Zoho CRM accounts/contacts will be imported to Zoho Subscriptions and vice versa.
Step 3 : Handling duplicate records
It’s possible that the account in Zoho CRM being synced already exists as a customer in Zoho Subscriptions and in such cases, the record is said to be duplicated during the sync. You can choose what you want to do with such records,
Clone - The record is cloned and both the original and duplicate records exist.
Overwrite - The duplicate record overwrites the existing record.
Skip - The duplicate record is not synced and the existing record is retained.
Note : If there are duplicates in either your Zoho CRM or Zoho Subscriptions account, and the overwrite option is selected, the duplicates will be merged as a single record after sync.
Step 4 : Selecting the view to be synced
The next level of customization is where you can select the View you want to sync with Zoho Subscriptions. A view in Zoho CRM is a collection of similar records (based on a specified criteria) listed together. Some predefined views include ‘All Accounts’, ‘My Accounts’, ‘Unread Contacts’ etc.
Tip : Creating a view for Zoho Subscriptions
If you want to import a few selective contacts from Zoho CRM to Zoho Subscriptions, you can create a new View in Zoho CRM before the integration. This view can consist of the records you want to import to Zoho Subscriptions for creating transactions. Here’s how you can go about this,
- First, go to your Zoho CRM account. Click on Setup on the top right corner.
- Go to Customization - Fields. Click on New custom field.
- Select the type as checkbox, provide label name as Zoho Subscriptions and under Also create for, select Accounts or Contacts depending on the module you selected in Step 1.
- Now, when you edit an existing account/contact or create a new one, a checkbox Zoho Subscriptions will be displayed.
- Now, edit the accounts/contacts which you want to move to Zoho Subscriptions, and check the box Zoho Subscriptions in each one as shown below.
- Once this is done, create a new view under Accounts or Contacts depending on which of these modules you’ve selected for import in Step 1.
- Specify criteria field for the view as Zoho Subscriptions from the drop down and set it to true. This is shown below.
- Now, all the accounts/contacts for which this field was checked, will be available under this view.
During the integration, as soon as you select the module (Accounts, Contacts or Both) to be synced, a list of the corresponding views available in Zoho CRM for the module (predefined as well as User created) will be listed under the drop-down. Select the view you created above to proceed with the import.
Note When the option ‘Accounts and their Contacts’ is selected, you have the option to select the Account view as well as the Contact view required to be synced. You can manually choose to sync only specific contacts associated with the account view selected, as shown below.
Step 5: Mapping Fields
The final step of the integration is the mapping of fields. You can map the Zoho CRM field to the corresponding Zoho Subscriptions field before setting up the sync. This manual mapping ensures that when the Zoho CRM records are synced as Zoho Subscriptions entities, all the fields match perfectly when viewed in Zoho Subscriptions.
Note: You can create up to ten custom fields for your customers in Zoho Subscriptions.
In case you’ve enabled multicurrency in Zoho CRM, please make sure that the base currency is same as that in Zoho Subscriptions before mapping fields.
Working with Zoho CRM customers in Zoho Subscriptions
View customer information from Zoho CRM
When you create an invoice for a contact imported from Zoho CRM, you can view account information for that particular customer as shown below.
Creating subscription for new created Account or Contact
Sometimes, you would want to create subscription for an account or contact as soon as you create them in Zoho CRM. In this case while creating a subscription in Zoho Subscriptions, click the button Search using Zoho CRM when selecting the customer. In the following popup, search and select the particular account or contact and create the subscription.
- If Contact only sync is enabled between the apps, you cannot search for Accounts from Zoho CRM. If Accounts only sync is enabled then you cannot search for contacts from Zoho CRM.
- Subscription created for any account or contact will be created as a customer in Zoho Subscriptions.
Auto-Sync and other options
- Auto and instant Sync : Once you’ve configured the integration, any new data you add will be updated via the auto sync that occurs periodically after the initial sync. However, there’s also a manual instant sync option, as shown below, which you can use to sync updated data anytime.
If you wish to update changes made in Zoho CRM to a single contact rather than run a complete sync, select that particular contact and click on ‘Fetch this contact from Zoho CRM’ as shown below.
- Edit settings : The Edit option lets you modify the conditions set for the sync anytime. These settings will be stored for the next automatic or manual sync carried out.
- Pause/Resume sync : This option allows you to pause the auto sync, as well as disable the option to carry out instant sync. Any manual sync that is taking place when the ‘Pause’ option is clicked, will be completed before the pause is effected. You can always select ‘Resume sync’ to enable auto and manual sync once more.
- Show sync history : You can view your sync history anytime by clicking on the link available below. This shows you a detailed history of the sync including the number of records added, deleted and updated along with the time and date they were fetched into Zoho Subscriptions. Sync failures are shown and the reason for that can also be viewed.
You can update your credentials or entirely disable the integration by the options provided right under your credentials, as highlighted in the image below. Once this is done, no further data sync will take place between Zoho CRM and Zoho Subscriptions.
You can reactivate this sync anytime or even integrate a different Zoho Subscriptions organization to Zoho CRM.
Accessing Zoho Subscriptions modules in Zoho CRM
The Zoho Subscriptions-CRM integration is aimed at simplifying the process of managing your organization and it’s customers as easy as possible. This integration will allow you to view all your customers’ subscriptions and their related invoices in Zoho CRM.
Before you can access Zoho Subscriptions modules in Zoho CRM you have to manually enable the sync in Zoho CRM.
To enable Zoho Subscriptions-CRM integration in Zoho CRM,
- Login to Zoho CRM account and click on Setup > Apps & Add-ons > Zoho Apps > Zoho Finance Suite.
- Now, click on the edit button adjacent to Finance Modules to be included.
- Enable Subscriptions and Recurring Billing using the check-box and click on Save.
Click on the links below to navigate through this section:
To view the customer’s subscriptions in Zoho CRM,
- Navigate to Accounts and click on the customer whose subscriptions you want to view.
- Under the Zoho Subscriptions, all the customer’s subscriptions and their details will be listed.
- Click on any subscription to have a look at the subscription in detail.
To view the invoices related to the subscription,
- Click on the subscription whose invoices you want to view under Zoho Subscriptions.
- Next, click on the Invoices tab at the top to view the invoices.
- To view invoices in detail, you must have the module Invoice, Estimate, Sales Order and Purchase Order enabled under Setup > Apps & Add-ons > Zoho Apps > Zoho Finance Suite > Finance Module.
- Once enabled, the invoices will be listed under Invoices.
- Hover over the invoice you want to view and click on the PDF icon that appear on the left.
- Now open the downloaded PDF to view the invoice in detail.