Zoho People Advanced Analytics
The Zoho People advanced analytics connector powered by Zoho Analytics, allows you to analyse your Zoho People data to help strategically manage people as business resources. It helps HR managers and personnel with deep insights on employee performance, their benefits, and required training.
This integration includes a set of pre-built reports & dashboards to track the key HR KPIs and metrics easily. You can also easily create reports and dashboards with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
- What is Zoho Analytics?
- Why Zoho People Advanced Analytics connector?
- Who can subscribe to the Zoho Analytics connector?
- What do I get when I subscribe to this connector?
- How does the Zoho Analytics connector for Zoho People work?
- What are the benefits of using the Zoho People Advanced Analytics Connector over the inbuilt Reporting module in Zoho People?
Pricing & Trial
- How much does this connector cost?
- Do you provide trial evaluation for this connector?
- What do you mean by 'Users' in the (connector) pricing plan?
- What do you mean by 'Rows'/'Records' and how is it calculated in the pricing plan?
- How do I setup the Zoho Analytics Connector in my Zoho People account?
- How long should I wait for my Zoho People data to initially appear in Zoho Analytics?
- I got this email which said 'Setup Process Failed'/'Synchronization Process Failed'. What should I do?
- Can I add custom columns or new fields?
- How can I edit the Zoho People-Zoho Analytics synchronization settings?
- Can I synchronize the Zoho People data with Zoho Analytics data instantly?
- How do I access the reports created in Zoho Analytics?
- How do I create my own reports with this connector?
- Who has access to the reports I create?
- On whose account will the Zoho Analytics connector be setup?
- Can I setup the Connector in an account other than the one who configures/sets up the trial?
- Can I transfer my Zoho Analytics connector to another admin account?
- What are the report types supported by Zoho Analytics?
- What are the default reports & dashboards created by Zoho Analytics, on setting up this connector?
- Can I modify the default reports that have been created by the Zoho Analytics connector? If so, how?
- How to create reports using fields/columns across different modules?
- What are Formulas in Zoho Analytics?
- How do I create my own custom formulas in Zoho Analytics?
- Can I add/modify data in the Zoho People modules (tables) within Zoho Analytics?
- Can I add new columns to the Zoho People modules (tables) within Zoho Analytics?
- Can I add new data tables in this Workspace to create reports & dashboards?
- Can I combine data from other sources with the data from Zoho People to create reports and dashboards?
- What are Query Tables?
- What happens when I rename a module in Zoho People?
Users, Sharing & Collaboration
- How do I share the reports in Zoho Analytics with my colleagues?
- Why are other members in my organization not able to access the reports created?
- How can other members in my organization create reports?
- What are the user roles available in Zoho Analytics?
- Why can't other users edit the reports that I have shared to them?
- Can I share the same report created, to multiple users with different criteria associated so that they see different data?
- How can I print the reports & dashboards created in Zoho Analytics?
- How can I email reports & dashboards created in Zoho Analytics in a scheduled manner?
- Into what file formats can I export the reports & dashboards created in Zoho Analytics and how?
- How do I embed my reports in my website, intranet, blog or presentation?
Cross-Functional Analytics with Popular Business Applications
- What are the popular business applications that I can integrate this connector with?
- How can I analyze the data from the other business applications along with Zoho People?
Help & Support
- How do I get technical support for the Zoho People advanced analytics connector?
- Can I have someone from Zoho do a demo of this connector to me?
Zoho Analytics is a business intelligence and analytics solution that helps you derive insights from your business data, through its powerful reporting and analytical capabilities. You can create dynamic and interactive reports and dashboards in minutes, with no IT help.
It offers the following important capabilities:
- Complete Online Business Intelligence and analytics service, accessible anytime, anywhere!
- Easy to adopt 'spreadsheet-like' interface with powerful drag & drop based reporting features for quick report creation.
- Visual Analysis capability for in-depth analysis and to slice & dice your data.
- Supports a wide range of reporting capabilities like Dashboards, Charts, Pivot Tables, Summary Views, and simple tabular reports.
- Supports creation of KPI widgets in dashboards to analyze the performance.
- Supports data import from a variety of file formats like Excel, JSON, HTML etc. Also supports data import from cloud storage and Web URLs. Supports periodic scheduling of importing data.
- Integrated with Zoho People to empower your analysis over Zoho People data with the powerful reporting capabilities of Zoho Analytics.
- Integrated with a suite of Zoho products such as Zoho CRM, Zoho Desk, Zoho Projects, Zoho BugTracker, Zoho Books etc.
- Integrated with popular business applications like Google Analytics, Google Ads, Zendesk, Xero, Salesforce CRM, MailChimp etc.
- You can also integrate your own applications with Zoho Analytics using Zoho Analytics API.
- Integrated with Zapier to power up import from over 500+ apps.
- Blend & merge data from across different sources to create meaningful business reports.
- With an advanced formula engine, you can derive key business metrics from your data.
- Supports SQL (Structured Query Language) driven querying for powerful report creation.
- Real-time collaboration by sharing data and reports with your colleagues & friends, in either read or read-write modes.
- Export and Print reports in a variety of formats. Notify reports via email.
- Publish reports for wider consumption. Embed reports within your websites, web applications and blogs.
- Highly secure as all users login only over HTTPS (SSL connection). All your data and reports are hosted in highly secure data centers. (Refer Security and Privacy)
- Supports Logo Rebranding.
Zoho People Advanced Analytics gives deep insight over employee data. This helps HR Managers gain a strategic approach maintaining efficient human so that they help you gain a competitive advantage.
This brings in all the capabilities of Zoho Analytics described above to Zoho People users.
- A full-featured business intelligence (BI) and reporting tool that can slice & dice the people data to create any report/dashboard you require.
- Create your own reports and dashboards based on not only your people data but also by blending data from other data sources.
- Share reports and dashboards with your colleagues.
- Schedule and email your reports whenever you want.
- Export your reports as PDF, HTML, Excel, CSV and image files.
- Embed your reports in websites, blogs etc.
Users with paid accounts of Zoho Analytics (at least the Basic plan) and Zoho People account (Premium or Enterprise plan) can avail this connector.
An efficient team is a key to running a successful business. Zoho Analytics with its deep analytical ability helps you maintain one. This provides insights on the key metrics of your employee data to make informed decisions for retaining an efficient team and planning for required training.
The Zoho Analytics Advanced Analytics Connector for Zoho People works as below.
- A Zoho People administrator chooses to configure the Zoho Analytics connector in their Zoho People account.
- They select modules and fields from their Zoho People account to be analyzed.
- The data from their Zoho People account will be imported into their corresponding Workspace in Zoho Analytics account automatically. Depending on the amount of data in the Zoho People account, the initial import can take a few minutes to a few hours.
- Then on, the data will be continuously synched between Zoho People & Zoho Analytics, at regular time intervals that the administrator had configured to sync their data.
- Along with the data from the default modules and custom modules, a set of insightful reports and dashboards are provided by default.
- The Zoho People administrator who set up the connector can share the reports with other users.
- New adhoc reports can be created by the users of the connector.
Refer to this section to know more about how to set up the Zoho Analytics connector.
6. What are the benefits of using the Zoho People Advanced Analytics Connector over the inbuilt Reporting module in Zoho People?
The advantages of using the Zoho People Advanced analytics add-on over the reports tab inside Zoho People is tabulated below.
|Reporting Module in Zoho People||Zoho People Advanced Analytics|
|Users can create only tabular, summary and matrix reports.||It offers over 25+ chart types along with pivot, summary and tabular views.|
|Cannot create dashboards.||Users can easily create dashboards using the drag and drop interface.|
|Cannot create KPI Widgets.||Allows creation of KPI widgets to track and monitor the key performance metrics. Supports 6 types of single number widgets and 2 types of chart type widgets.|
|Cannot combine and analyze data from different sources||Can combine data from any resources for advanced reporting and analysis|
|The reports that you create cannot be shared||You can share the reports and dashboards that you create to any user. All that the user has to do is sign in to Zoho Analytics to view the report.|
|Does not allow the users to embed the reports that they create.||Users can embed the reports that they create in a website or blog.|
|Does not offer formula engine.||Offers a powerful formula engine.|
|Limited customizations.||Offers a wide range of customizations.|
Pricing & Trial
This connector is available in all the paid plans of Zoho Analytics. Refer to the Zoho Analytics pricing page.
Yes, we do provide a 15-day free trial for this connector from the date of setup.
Anyone to whom you privately share your workspaces, tables (data), reports and dashboards, created in Zoho Analytics, for collaboration is considered a "User" in Zoho Analytics. A user is identified by his/her unique email address, with which their Zoho Analytics account was created/registered.
Suppose you subscribe to Zoho Analytics Standard plan, you can privately share the data/reports in your account and collaborate with 4 other people. Now your Zoho Analytics account is said to have 5 users (including yourself).
In Zoho Analytics, a row or record is defined in the same context as in a Workspace (or spreadsheet). In simple terms, a table consists of rows (records) and columns (fields). Each row in a table represents a set of related data and has the same structure. For example, in a table that represents "Contacts", each row would represent a single contact record. The number of rows calculated for pricing is the sum of all rows/records stored across all your workspace tables in your Zoho Analytics account.
You will be able to setup the integration into only one Zoho Analytics Workspace for a Zoho People account.
Initial data import will take from few minutes to a couple of hours depending on the volume of the data. You will receive an email notification once the import is complete. If you access the Workspace before the initial fetch, it will not display any data.
3. I got this email which said 'Setup Process Failed'/'Synchronization Process Failed'. What should I do?
The daily import/sync process of your Zoho People data can sometimes fail, due to a variety of reasons. Hence, you may receive such mails occasionally. No worries. The Zoho Analytics team will look into it immediately and get back to you taking the required corrective action.
'Setup Process Failed' mail notification: When there is a failure during the initial Zoho People - Zoho Analytics connector setup.
'Synchronization Failed' mail notification: When there is any failure during the data synchronization process that executes periodically between Zoho People and Zoho Analytics after the initial setup & import is completed successfully.
Yes, you can add custom columns or new fields. Follow the steps given below to synchronize your custom columns into the Advanced Analytics Connector for Zoho People:
- Open the corresponding Zoho People Workspace in Zoho Analytics.
- Click Data Sources on the left panel.
- The Data Source page will open. Click Edit Setup.
- The Edit Zoho People Setup dialog opens. Select the required custom fields.
- Click Save. On next synchronization the data will be imported as modified.
You can edit the Zoho People-Zoho Analytics Synchronization setting from the Data Source page.
- Open the Data Source page, and click Edit Setup.
- In the Edit, Zoho People Setup dialog that appears, modify the required field settings.
- Click Save. The synchronization setting will be modified and data will be synced in the next synchronization interval.
Yes, you can synchronize the Zoho People data with Zoho Analytics instantly from the Data Source page.
- Open the Data Sources page and click Edit Setup.
- In the Edit, Zoho People Setup dialog that appears, click Sync Now. Zoho People data will be instantly synchronized with Zoho Analytics.
This option can be used up to five times per day.
You can remove the connector from the Data Source page.
- Open the Data Source page.
- Click Zoho People and then select Remove Data Source.
- The data synchronization from Zoho People into this Workspace will be removed. However, you will still be able to access this Workspace with existing data.
Once the initial data import/synchronization between Zoho People and Zoho Analytics is completed successfully, you can start accessing the reports created in Zoho Analytics and also create your own reports & dashboards, as described below. If you are the Zoho People administrator who configured the Zoho Analytics connector,
For other users, you will be able to access the Zoho People Advanced Analytics only if your administrator has shared it to you. (To know more on sharing, refer to How to Share Reports & Dashboards?)
You can refer to the below presentation to know how to create your own reports & dashboards using Zoho Analytics.
Also, Refer to the Following Video Demos:
- How to Create Charts
- How to Create Pivot Tables (Matrix Views)
- How to Create Dashboards
- How to Apply Filters on Reports
- More Videos...
For creating your own reports using this connector, you can do it only if your administrator who has setup this connector, has shared the tables in Zoho Analytics to your account. To know more about sharing, refer to How to Share Reports & Dashboards?
By default, the reports you create are accessible only to you. However, you can share the reports with your colleagues using the Sharing options available in Zoho Analytics. Refer to How to Share Reports & Dashboards?
It will be set up in the account of the Zoho People Administrator who configures/sets up the Zoho Analytics connector. It is this account which will serve as the master admin account of Zoho Analytics.
Once the synchronization is set up in one of the Admin's account, other admins will not be able to configure this in their account. However, they can be added as Workspace Administrator to grant all the privilege of an Account Admin, except for deleting or renaming the workspace.
Yes, you can do this. If the account in which the trial is configured is not upgraded after trial expiry, then the account will be downgraded to free plan and eventually the sync will also be deleted. In this case, you will be able to set up the synchronization in the account you need by purchasing the Connector. You will not be able to trial the connector again.
At present, we do not provide an option in the user interface. If you require this transfer, please do mail us to email@example.com. We will get your requirements and handle this.
Zoho Analytics supports a wide variety of reports.
- Packed Bubble
- Stacked bar
- Smooth Line
- Map Chart
- Stacked Area
- Table View
- Pivot tables (Matrix Views)
- Summary view
- Tabular view
- KPI Widgets
- Single Numeric Widget
- Dial Chart Widget
- Bullet Chart Widget
- Dashboards (multiple reports arranged in the same page)
2. What are the default reports & dashboards created by Zoho Analytics, on setting up this connector?
When you setup/configure the Zoho Analytics connector, 50+ default reports/dashboards are automatically created. These hand-picked reports will be pretty useful in analyzing your sales performance effectively.
3. Can I modify the default reports that have been created by the Zoho Analytics connector? If so, how?
Yes, you can modify the default reports. If you are the 'Administrator' who set up the Zoho Analytics connector or a 'Workspace Administrator' (Refer Managing Users in Zoho Analytics), click the Edit Design button in a report's toolbar, and you will be able to make the changes. If you are just a user who's been shared the report, click Save -> Save As and save the report as a new report. You can edit this copied report now.
Columns from across different tables can be dragged and dropped to create a report. Refer to our Creating Reports section to know how to create reports.
Formulas, as the name indicates are calculations that you could define in Zoho Analytics to help you create the required reports. Zoho Analytics provides a powerful formula engine to create any type of calculations required, to enable creating the required reports. Refer Adding Formulas in Zoho Analytics to know more.
To know how to create your own formulas refer to the Adding Formulas in Zoho Analytics help page.
No, you cannot. Data from Zoho People modules gets automatically synched into Zoho Analytics. You cannot edit any of this data or add new data records in the synced tables from within Zoho Analytics.
No, you cannot add new columns. But you can add Formula Columns and Aggregate Formulas (i.e. Calculated fields) to these tables to help you create powerful reports. Refer Adding Formulas in Zoho Analytics to know more.
Yes, you can add new data tables. Click New > New Table and you can add new tables to the existing Zoho People Workspace.
With this feature, you can import data from other sources or add them manually into your Workspace to analyze and create reports combining this with your Zoho People data. You can also import data from other business applications like Google Analytics etc.
- How to Import data from files and feeds into Zoho Analytics
- How to Import Data from Cloud Storages
- How to Import data from local Database
- Import data from popular Business Applications
- How to Import data using Zoho Analytics API
10. Can I combine data from other sources with the data from Zoho People to create reports and dashboards?
Yes, you can combine data from your other sources with your Zoho People data for analysis & reporting. For example, combine Zoho People Task data with your release plan information that you might have stored in Google Drive.
To do this, you need to add/import a new data into the Zoho People Workspace as explained in the previous question and then define a look-up to join it with the synchronized table from Zoho People. Refer this video demo to know more about how to define a lookup column and auto-join tables for reporting.
Alternatively, you can also join data between tables using "Query Tables".
You can only define a look-up between a synchronized table from Zoho People and your custom table. It is not possible to define lookups in between synchronized tables from Zoho People, as they are already joined by Zoho Analytics.
Yes, you can join data from multiple tables to create the reports. Refer to Joining Tables in Zoho Analytics for detailed help on this.
Zoho Analytics allows you to drive the data required by writing standard SQL SELECT Queries. This feature is called Query Tables. With Query Tables, you can also combine data from different tables and create reports from the same. View this video demo to know about how to create Query Tables in Zoho Analytics.
When you rename a module in Zoho People, it will automatically get updated in Zoho Analytics as well.
Users, Sharing & Collaboration
You can easily share the default reports provided in the Zoho Analytics connector and also the reports you create using the share option. Refer to Sharing and Collaboration help page to learn more.
Once you privately share a report to your colleagues they will be able to access the same from the Zoho Analytics service,
1. If you share the data tables in the Zoho People Workspace to users, they will be able to create their own reports over the same.
2. If you add a user as a Workspace Owner in the Zoho People Workspace created in Zoho Analytics (Refer Managing Users in Zoho Analytics, to know how to add Workspace Owners), the user will be able access all the data & reports, create new reports and do any operation that you could do on the Workspace.
When a Zoho People Administrator configures the Zoho People - Zoho Analytics connector, the tables and reports will be available only to him/her, by default. The Administrator has to share the 'Zoho People Analytics' Workspace with other members of the organization. Only then will the default reports be accessible by those members. Let's say the Administrator has shared the Workspace with other members in the organization. A member creates his/her own reports. Those reports will be available only to him/her alone unless he/she shares them with others.
To know more, refer to Sharing and Collaboration help page.
The Zoho People Administrator who setup the connector should share the tables present in 'Zoho People Analytics'Workspace with other members of the organization. Once this is done, the shared users can create reports based on those tables.
To know more, refer to Sharing and Collaboration help page.
If you add a user as a Workspace Owner in the Zoho People Workspace created in Zoho Analytics (Refer Managing Users in Zoho Analytics, to know how to add Workspace Owners), the user will be able access all the data & reports, create new reports and do any operation that you could do on the Workspace.
Zoho Analytics supports fine-grained access control. The following are the user roles that are supported in Zoho Analytics :
1. Account Administrator (Master Admin): The Zoho People Administrator who had setup the connector will also be the administrator of the Zoho Analytics account.
2. Workspace Administrator: The Account Administrator can designate one or more users as Workspace Administrator. They have all permissions to add, delete, modify reports, table rows, and even tables. They can share the Workspace tables/reports with other users. They cannot delete or rename a Workspace.
3. User: A user has the least privilege in the hierarchy. Unless the Administrator or a Workspace Owner shares a table with a user, the user cannot create any reports on his/her own. Also, an Administrator/Workspace Owner can decide to set specific permissions when sharing a report (Read Only, Export Data, View Underlying Data, Share with Others) or a table (Read Data, Export Data, Add/Delete/Modify Row, Delete All Rows, Only Append Rows, Add or Update Rows, Delete All Rows and Add New Rows, Share View / Child Reports).
This is the expected behavior. If the user being shared to is a Workspace Administrator, he/she can edit the reports. If a normal user wants to edit a report, what he/she can do is to use 'Save As' to save the report in a different name in his account. This report can then be edited.
6. Can I share the same report created, to multiple users with different criteria associated so that they see different data?
Yes, you can. Refer to this help documentation to know how this can be done.
To print a report/dashboard, please follow the below steps.
- Open the table or report that you want to print.
- Click the Export button.
- You can export the table/report in a variety of file formats like CSV. XLS, PDF, HTML and image.
- Choose the format you want and save the file to your desktop
- Open the file and print it.
If you are a user to whom a report has been shared and you want to take a print, ensure you have been provided the Export permission by the Administrator to the report, only then you will be able to print the report.
If you are the Administrator of the Zoho Analytics connector or a Workspace Administrator, you can schedule reports and dashboards to be emailed automatically. You can do this as follows:
- Select the Report/Dashboard to be emailed in Zoho Analytics.
- Select Email > Email this View from the toolbar.
- Follow the instructions in the screen and provide the required input tosetup an email schedule.
Reports and dashboards can be exported in a variety of file formats.
- Zoho Sheet
- Pivot/Tabular views
- Zoho Sheet
You can export a report/dashboard in Zoho Analytics as follows
- Select the Report/Dashboard to be exported in Zoho Analytics
- Select Export > Export this View from the toolbar.
- Follow the instructions in the screen and provide the required input to export the report(s) selected views.
To Embed your report/dashboard in a Website/Blog, follow the below steps:
- Open the report/dashboard that you wish to embed.
- Click on the publish icon and select Embed in a Website/Blog
- In the Embed snippet for dialog, select the necessary options for customization.
- You may also specify filter criteria if needed.
- Access with login prompts the user to enter his login credentials to view the report/dashboard. Also, the Workspace Administrator/ Account Administrator should have shared the report with the user.
- Access without login does not require the user to login, the report would be publicly accessible to anyone.
- Once you select the necessary options copy the HTML snippet and paste it in your website/blog, wherever you wish to embed the report.
Refer Embedding in Web Pages/Blogs to know more about this.
Cross-Functional Analytics with Popular Business Applications
You can integrate and perform cross-functional analytics with most business applications that Zoho Analytics integrates with.
To import data from business apps,
- Open the Workspace in which you have set up the connector.
- Click the Import Data button.
- In the Create New Table tab that opens, select the application that you wish to import.
- Provide the necessary authentications.
- Select the necessary modules and fields.
- Select the schedule import option.
- Click Create. Data from the selected application will be imported into a new table in the Zoho People Advanced Analytics workspace.
3. Will the related modules from Zoho People and other third-party applications be created automatically?
No, a lookup relationship will not be created between the Zoho People modules and the modules of the application that you are trying to import automatically.
To manually create a lookup relationship, refer this help link -
Help & Support
We offer 24x5 technical support (Monday to Friday). In case if you need our assistance kindly do mail us your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also reach out to us on our toll free number
United States: +1 (888) 900 9646
United Kingdom: +44 (20) 35647890