Frequently Asked Questions in Accounts
- Can I simultaneously login to two different accounts?
- How can I edit the e-mail invitation sent to the newly added users?
- As a Portal Administrator, can I reset my user's password?
- What is Two-Factor Authentication?
- How to add a secondary email address?
- How to edit my primary email address?
- How do I delete a Zoho account?
- How can I remove my secondary email address?
- How can I enable and disable my TFA?
- How do I change my user name?
- Can I change the portal owner in Zoho Projects?
- What are the browsers supported for the New Zoho Projects 5.0?
1. Can I simultaneously login to two different accounts?
No. It is not possible to login simultaneously into two different portals using different user name. Instead, you can login to the portals in two different browsers.
2. How can I edit the e-mail invitation sent to the newly added users?
You cannot modify the invitation, since the e-mail invitation sent to the new users are mailed from our application server. Thus, editing an invitation is not possible.
3. As a Portal administrator, can I reset any user's password?
Although you are the Portal Owner, it is not possible for you to reset the password of other project members. Only the respective user can reset the password.
4. What is Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-factor Authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account. To sign-in you will require to enter a unique verification code generated by an app on your mobile device or sent via text message, in addition to your email address and password. Learn more
5. How to add a secondary email address?
Yes, if you wish to retain the existing email address and need to add a new one, these steps will guide you:
- Log on to your Zoho account at https://accounts.zoho.com/.
- Click on the My Profile Info tab.
- Click the Email Address link and then select Add Email on the right.
- Submit a new email address in the text box that shows up.
- Email will be added to your secondary email address.
6. How to edit my primary email address?
To edit your email address:
- Log in to your Zoho account at https://accounts.zoho.com/ and click on the My Profile Info tab >> Email Address.
- Click the Edit option to the right.
- Enter your new email address and password in the text box that shows up and click Update.
- A confirmation mail will now be sent to the new email address.
- Click on the confirmation link to activate your account.
In case the confirmation mail is not received, click on the Resend Confirmation Mail icon to receive the confirmation.
7. How do I delete a Zoho account?
To close your individual Zoho account, log in to your Zoho account and proceed with the following steps mentioned in our user guide.
8. How can I remove my secondary email address?
To remove your secondary email address, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to your Zoho account using your email address and password.
- Go to My Profile Info and click Email Address.
- Click the Remove option available in the secondary email section.
- Your secondary email will now be removed.
9. How can I enable and disable my TFA?
-To enable your TFA, go to your Zoho Accounts pages and click the Two-factor authentication tab. Now, click here to continue reading the following steps.
-To disable your TFA, go through the following steps in our user guide.
10. How do I change my user name?
If you want to change the user name, first you need to close the existing account and then recreate the account with the required username that you prefer.
11. Can I change the portal owner in Zoho Projects?
Yes. You must be the Portal Owner in order to change the ownership. The ownership can be changed to another user only if the user is in the Admin role. Learn More.
- Click Org Settings, and then click Portal Settings to access your portal settings.
Note: Only users with Admin role will be listed in the Select New Portal Owner drop-down. This updates the new portal owner. And the Portal Owner change is enabled only for paid plans. However, you cannot change the Portal Owner for the portals integrated with Google Apps domain.
12. What are the browsers supported for the Zoho Projects 5.0?
The supported browser versions for Zoho Projects 5.0 are as follows :
Internet Explorer - 9 and above
Google Chrome - 50 and above
FireFox - 45 and above
Safari - 5 and above
We request users to upgrade their browsers to the latest version for a better and smooth user experience.