Zoho Project Accounts
- What is Zoho Projects?
- Is Zoho Projects reliable and confidential? Is my data safe and secure with Zoho?
- How do I get started with Zoho Projects?
- What are the browsers supported for the New Zoho Projects 5.0?
- Does Zoho Projects support many languages?
- Is there a way of having desktop shortcut for Zoho Projects?
- Is this software absolutely free?
- Do the archived projects count against my number of project for billing purposes?
- How do I save a project as a template?
- Is it possible to add custom fields in Zoho Projects?
- Can I change the portal owner in Zoho Projects?
- Can Zoho Projects be installed in local machine or intranet?
- How do I copy a project?
- Do you have keyboard shortcuts?
- How do I find the archived projects option?
- How do I un-archive an archived project?
- Does Zoho Projects support sub projects?
1. What is Zoho Projects?
Zoho Projects goes beyond the traditional project management space. Of course it also offers great planning and reporting capabilities, but Zoho Projects is better because it is social too combined with collaboration and bug tracking features.
Zoho Projects allows users to post their working status and allows project members to chat with each other. The Project Stream helps all the team members get instant updates about what's going on with the project. And you can keep all content organized and accessible by centrally posting files and easily creating a project web page or documentation.
2. Is Zoho Projects reliable and confidential? Is my data safe and secure with Zoho?
In addition we are US/EU Safe Harbour Compliant.
Zoho takes the security of your data and information very seriously. We have taken many different steps to help ensure the safety of your data. This includes physical security practices (like 7x24x365 security, video monitoring, biometric access, bullet-resistant walls), Network Security (encryption, intrusion detection/prevention), People Processes and Redundancy/Business Continuity.
For more details see Security Policy
3. How do I get started with Zoho Projects?
If you click the Sign Up for Free link you will be redirected to a sign up page. Here you need to fill in some basic information like e-mail address, name and create your Zoho Projects account.
Zoho Projects free plan offers the following features to get started with :
- Create milestones, task list and tasks
- Set task dependencies
- Gantt charts
- Document sharing
- Email management
- Collaborative dashboard
- Interactive forums
- Chat Rooms
- Team Intranet (Pages)
- User Management
- Portal customization
- Shared group calendar
- Import Basecamp projects
- Import contacts from Zoho CRM / Mail Suite
- Import Microsoft projects (both MPP / MPX)
- Works with Google Apps like Google Docs, Google Calendar, Gmail and iGoogle
Note: Subtasks, Task duration in hours, Timesheets, and BugTracker are available only in paid plans.
For more details see Plans and Pricing
4. What are the browsers supported for the New Zoho Projects 5.0?
The supported browser versions for Zoho Projects 5.0 are as follows :
- Internet Explorer - 9 and above
- Google Chrome - 23 and above
- FireFox - 17 and above
- Safari - 5 and above
Note : We request users to upgrade their browsers to the latest version for a better and smooth user experience.
5. Does Zoho Projects support many languages?
Yes. Zoho Projects supports 17 different languages like Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English(US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Korean and Turkish.
It is possible to modify the language of your portal when you configure your profile.
- Navigate to Setup->Personal Settings->Profile.
- Click Language and select the language of your choice.
- Click Update to complete the language settings.
To see pages in your favorite language apart from the languages that we support, send a request to support[at]zohoprojects[dot]com
6. How can I change the Portal URL?
Click Org Settings, and then click Portal Settings, to access your portal settings. You can change your portal URL. And the new portal name will reflect in your portal URL. No special characters are allowed in portal URL. Portal URL change is supported in all our plans. Learn More.
7. Is it possible to have multiple administrators in a portal?
Yes. There can be multiple administrators for a project.
1. To add a new user as Admin
- Click the All Users tab.
- In Portal Users section, click the Plus icon at the top right corner.
- Specify the user's email ID and select the user role as Admin.
- Click Add User to add a new user.
2. To update an existing user's role as Admin
- Click the All Users tab.
- In Portal Users section, hover the mouse over the required user's email ID.
- Click Edit and in User Role select Admin.
- Click Update to save.
8. Do the archived projects count against my number of project for billing purposes?
No. Only the Active projects in a portal are taken into account for the total allowed projects.
9. How to change my e-mail address?
To change the email address :
- Log into accounts.zoho.com
- Click the Email Address option
- Click the Edit button and update the email id.
10. Can I change the portal owner in Zoho Projects?
Yes. You must be the Portal Owner in order to change the ownership. The ownership can be changed to another user who is in the Admin role.
Click Org Settings, and then click Portal Settings, to access your portal settings. Learn More.
Only users with Admin role will be listed in the Select New Portal Owner drop-down. This updates the new portal owner. And the Portal Owner change is enabled only for paid plans.
However, you cannot change the Portal Owner for the portals integrated with Google Apps domain.
11. Can Zoho Projects be installed in local machine or intranet?
No. It is not possible to install Zoho Projects in local machine or intranet. You can only access Zoho Projects online.
12. How do I copy a project?
Currently, it is not possible to copy an existing project. However, you can save a project as a template. Learn More.
13. How do I save a project as a template?
In Projects, click Project Templates, and then click the Plus icon at the top right corner to add a new project template. You can now, choose the required project to save as template, and choose these templates while creating the actual project. In fact, you can choose an existing project as a template too.
You can create project templates only if you are the Portal Owner or Admin. Learn More.
14. Is it possible to add custom fields in Zoho Projects?
No. Adding custom fields is not possible with the current design in Zoho Projects.
15. How can I edit the e-mail invitation sent to the newly added users?
The invitation mail sent to the new users are sent from our application server. Modifying this invitation mail is not possible.
16. Is there a way of having desktop widgets for Zoho Projects?
No. Zoho Projects being an online project management service, it can be accessed only through a browser.
17. How do I find the archived projects option?
In Projects click Archived Projects to find all your archived projects.
Note: This option is available only for the Portal Owner, Manager, and Administrators in Zoho Projects.
18. How do I un-archive an archived project?
In Archived Projects, hover the mouse over the required project, and click Edit Project. In Project Status choose Active, to un-archive the project and then click Update. The project is moved under Active Projects. You can archive or un-archive projects based on your convenience. Learn More.
Note: The option to archive or un-archive projects is available only for the Portal Owner and Adminstrators.
19. Do you have keyboard shortcuts?
Yes. We do have keyboard shortcuts.
20. How can I reset any user's password as a Portal administrator?
Though you are the Portal Owner, it is not possible for you to reset the password of other project members. Only the respective user can reset the password.
To reset the password, refer https://zohosso.wiki.zoho.com/#ChangePassword.
21. Is this software absolutely free?
Zoho Projects offers a Free plan with 1 Project and unlimited users which is free forever.
22. I need to make my company users access the project template. How do I do that?
If you want all users to access the project templates, you must update their user role as Administrator from Home » All Users » Portal Users option. Learn More.
23. Does Zoho Projects support sub projects?
Currently, we do not support sub projects in our Project Management.