Listing an extension
Once you have finished developing an extension, we recommend you submit it us and have it listed in the marketplace.
Submitting your extension unlocks its business potential by showcasing it to a user base of 30 million+. Users can browse through the marketplace freely to find and install the extensions which will best suit their business needs.
The aspects of listing an extension covered in this help guide are:
You can submit your extension via the Partner Console. The web form will prompt you to provide the required data about the extension and the content accompanying it. When you have submitted your extension, you can preview it and make changes, if necessary. If you have provided insufficient data or if any clarifications are required, one of our technical reviewers will get in touch with you via the partner console. You will, however, be notified via email of any activity in the partner console.
After your extension has been submitted, it will be subjected to a comprehensive review process which will include:
- Content review: This review will involve checking that the extension conforms to the description provided, and the brand compliance of the content.
- Technical review: This will involve a complete test of the functionality of the extension.
- Security review: A security check will also be carried out to check if your extension conforms with Zoho's acceptable standards.
This review process is to ensure and maintain the quality of the extensions in the marketplace, both in terms of functionality and the language that accompanies them. The extension will be published only after all the guidelines are met.
All extensions must fulfil our guidelines and criteria before being listed in our Marketplace.
- Your extension must work exactly as described.
- Proper help documentation must be provided to guide the user through the installation, set up, and use of your extension. Help documentation can be any form of content: text, video, slide decks, etc. and is hosted by you.
- Your extension must not degrade the performance of the system on which it is installed.
- Your listing must not contain advertising for any apps, products, or services.
- The extension must not illegally access or transfer data from the CRM account it is installed in. All data transfers during and after installation must be explicitly mentioned in the description and may only occur with the user’s authorization.
- If the extension allows integration with a third-party service that requires a separate account (whether free or paid), this must be clearly outlined on the extension details page.
Following these guidelines will help ensure that your extension passes the review and approval process.