Build an extension
Build and host extensions that extend the power of Zoho using the Sigma platform. You can choose to either create an extension that adds to the core functionality of a Zoho product or integrate a third-party application with a Zoho product.
Extensions can either be public or private.
- Private extensions: Built for personal or specific organizational purposes. When you publish a private extension, a hashed URL link is made available which can be used to install it.
- Public extensions: Extensions hosted on Zoho Marketplace and are available to all Zoho users for installation and use.
Steps to build an extension
- Go to the Zoho Developer console in your web browser.
- Sign up for a free account or log in if you already have one. You will be redirected to the Zoho Developer dashboard page.
- Click the Start Building option in the Sigma section.
- Click Create Workspace after specifying your workspace name.
- Click New Extension to start developing your extension.
- Customize the extension to meet your requirements using the resources available for the Zoho product you choose to integrate with. After you finish building the extension you can publish it and make it available for installation. Read through the help documentation to know more.
Ways to access an extension
There are currently three ways to make an extension available to a user:
- Installating it into the Zoho product directly.
- Some extensions, particularly in the CRM telephony section, need to be activated in both CRM and the third-party application they integrate with before they can be used.
- Some extensions can only be accessed after they are purchased from the vendor's website. Users will be redirected to the vendor website to complete the purchase.