Advanced Analytics for Instagram
The Advanced Analytics connector for Instagram enables you to analyze your user traction and account performance in detail. It allows you to slice & dice your Instagram account data and get insights on your followers (age, gender, and place) and how popular is your brand.
This includes a 45+ prebuilt reports and dashboards over your Instagram account to measure your followers' engagement and discover the content that works best for your brand. The Instagram Analytics workspace is Ask Zia trained and can answer your questions with appropriate reports within minutes.
- What is Zoho Analytics?
- Why Instagram Advanced Analytics?
- Who can subscribe to the Zoho Analytics Instagram connector?
Pricing & Trial
- How much does this connector cost?
- Do you provide trial evaluation for this connector?
- What do you mean by 'Users' in the (connector) pricing plan?
- What do you mean by 'Rows'/'Records' and how is it calculated in the pricing plan?
- How do I set up the Instagram Advanced Analytics?
- How long should I wait for my Instagram data to initially appear in Zoho Analytics?
- What are the modules and fields in Instagram will be synchronized in Zoho Analytics Workspace?
- I got this email which said 'Setup Process Failed'/'Synchronization Process Failed'. What should I do?
- How frequently can I synchronize my data with Zoho Analytics?
- Can I edit the Instagram connector Synchronization setting?
- Can I synchronize my Instagram data instantly?
- Can I set up the Instagram Advanced Analytics in any other existing Workspace or in any other Advanced Analytics Workspace?
- Can I add/modify data in the Instagram data tables within Zoho Analytics?
- Can I add new columns to the Instagram data tables within Zoho Analytics?
- Can I add new data tables in this Workspace to create reports & dashboards?
- Can I transfer my Zoho Analytics connector to another admin account?
- How do I re-authenticate my Instagram account in Zoho Analytics?
- How can I remove the Integration?
- What modules and fields in Instagram can I create reports on?
- How do I create my own reports with this connector?
- Can I create reports using the columns from different modules?
- What are the report types supported by Zoho Analytics?
- What are the default reports & dashboards created by Zoho Analytics, on setting up this connector?
- What is Ask Zia? How can I create reports using Zia?
- What are Formulas in Zoho Analytics?
- What are the default formulas that get added by Zoho Analytics on setting up this connector?
- How do I create my own custom formulas in Zoho Analytics?
- Can I combine data from other sources with the data from Instagram to create reports and dashboards?
- Can I join data from multiple tables to create reports?
- What are Query Tables?
Cross-Functional Analytics with Popular Business Applications
- What are the popular business applications that I can integrate this connector with?
- How can I analyze the data from the other business applications along with Instagram Advanced Analytics?
- Will a lookup relationship between the related modules from Instagram and other third-party applications be created automatically?
Users, Sharing & Collaboration
- How do I share the reports in Zoho Analytics with my colleagues?
- What are the user roles available in Zoho Analytics?
- Why can't other users edit the reports that I have shared with them?
- Can I share the same report created, to multiple users with different criteria associated so that they see different data?
- Can I export a report/dashboard?
- Can I print the reports & dashboards created in Zoho Analytics?
- Can I email reports & dashboards created in Zoho Analytics in a scheduled manner?
- Can I embed/create a permalink for reports & dashboards created in Zoho Analytics?
- Can I create Slideshow in Zoho Analytics?
Help & Support
Zoho Analytics is a business intelligence and analytics solution that helps you derive insights from your business data, through its powerful reporting and analytical capabilities. You can create dynamic and interactive reports and dashboards in minutes, with no IT help.
It offers the following important capabilities:
- Complete Online Business Intelligence and analytics service, accessible anytime, anywhere!
- Easy to adopt a spreadsheet-like interface with powerful drag & drop based reporting features for quick report creation.
- Visual Analysis capability for in-depth analysis and to slice & dice your data.
- Supports a wide range of reporting capabilities like Dashboards, Charts, Pivot Tables, Summary Views, and simple Tabular Views.
- Supports the creation of KPI widgets in dashboards to analyze the performance.
- Supports data import from a variety of file formats like Excel, JSON, HTML, etc. Also supports data import from cloud storage and Web URLs. Supports periodic scheduling of importing data.
- Integrated with a suite of Zoho products such as Zoho CRM, Zoho Desk, Zoho Projects, Zoho BugTracker, Zoho Books, etc.
- Integrated with popular business applications like Facebook Page, Facebook Competitive Analytics, Twitter, Twitter Competitive Analytics, etc.
- You can also integrate your own applications with Zoho Analytics using Zoho Analytics API.
- Integrated with Zapier to power up import from over 500+ apps.
- Blend & merge data from across different sources to create meaningful business reports.
- With an advanced formula engine, you can derive key business metrics from your data.
- Supports SQL (Structured Query Language) driven querying for powerful report creation.
- Real-time collaboration by sharing data and reports with your colleagues & friends, in either read or read-write modes.
- Export and Print reports in a variety of formats. Notify reports via email.
- Publish reports for wider consumption. Embed reports within your websites, web applications and blogs.
- Highly secure as all users login only over HTTPS (SSL connection).
- All your data and reports are hosted in highly secure data centers. (Refer Security and Privacy)
- Supports Logo Rebranding.
The advanced Zoho Analytics connector for Instagram, enables you to analyze your follower base better. It allows you to analyze your Instagram account data and gives a clear picture on the type of people (age, gender, and place) who are interested in your brand.
A full-featured business intelligence (BI) and reporting tool that can slice can dice Instagram data, to create any report or dashboard you require.
- Create your own reports and dashboards based on not only your Zoho SalesIQ data but also by blending data from other data sources.
- Blend Data - Build cross-functional visualizations to extract end-to-end insights by combine\ing data from a wide range of business applications.
- Ask Zia - Workspace is trained for Ask Zia, an intelligent assistant, which can answer your question in immediately.
- Share reports and dashboards with your colleagues.
- Set up Alerts to get notifications on the immediate changes in your key business metrics.
- Schedule and email your reports whenever you want.
- Export your reports as PDF, HTML, Excel, CSV and image files.
- Embed your reports on websites, blogs, etc.
Users with paid accounts of Zoho Analytics or Zoho CRM Plus / Zoho One users can avail this connector.
Users with the Administrator roles (Account Administrator or Organization Administrators) in Zoho Analytics can configure this connector.
Instagram Advanced Analytics is bundled free for all the paid users of Zoho Analytics. The Zoho Analytics paid plans start at $25 per month. Click to learn more about Zoho Analytics pricing page.
Yes, we do provide a 15-day free trial for this connector. Trial for Standard plan will be enabled from the date you set up the connector.
Anyone to whom you privately share your Workspace, tables (data), reports and dashboards, created in Zoho Analytics for collaboration is considered a 'User' in Zoho Analytics. A user is identified by his/her unique email address, with which their Zoho Analytics account was registered.
Suppose you subscribe to the Zoho Analytics Standard plan, you can privately share the data/reports in your account and collaborate with 4 other persons. Now your Zoho Analytics account is said to have 5 users (including yourself).
In Zoho Analytics, a row or record is defined in the same context as in a database (or spreadsheet). In simple terms, a table consists of rows (records) and columns (fields). Each row in a table represents a set of related data and has the same structure.
For example, in a table that represents "Video Insights", each row would represent a single record. The number of rows calculated for pricing is the sum of all rows/records stored across all your Workspace tables in your Zoho Analytics account.
Initial data import will take from a few minutes to a couple of hours depending on the volume of the data. You will receive an email notification once the import is complete. If you access the Workspace before the initial fetch, it will not display any data.
You can synchronize the following data from Instagram into Zoho Analytics.
- Age Insights - Profile ID, Gender,Age Range,Count
- City Insights - Profile ID, City,City Localized,Count
- Country Insights - Profile ID,Country Code, Country,Count
- Language Insights - Profile ID,Locale,Language,Country, Count
- Media - Profile ID,Media ID,Caption,Is Comment Enabled,Media Type,Like Count, Comments Count,Media Url,Permalink,Shortcode,Thumbnail Url, Timestamp,Username
- Media Insights - Profile ID,Media ID,Impressions,Engagement, Saved,Reach, Video Views
- Profile Information - Biography,Profile ID,Name,Username,Followers,Follows, Media,Profile Url,Website
- Profile Insights - Profile ID, End Time,Email Contacts,Follower Count, Profile Views,Impressions,Reach,Phone Clicks,Direction Clicks,Message Clicks,Website Clicks
- Stories - Profile ID,Story ID,Caption,Like, Count,Media Type,Media Url,Permalink,Shortcode,Username, Timestamp
- Story Insights - Profile ID,Story ID,Impressions,Reach,Replies,Taps Forward,Taps Back,Exits
4. I got this email which said 'Setup Process Failed'/'Synchronization Process Failed'. What should I do?
The import/sync process of your Instagram can fail sometimes, due to a variety of reasons. Hence, you may receive such mails occasionally. The Zoho Analytics team will look into it immediately and get back to you, after taking the required corrective action.
Case 1: You will receive the Setup Process Failed mail when there is a failure during the initial fetch. In this case, we request you to:
- Open the Workspace in which you have set up the connector.
- Click the Data Sources button in the Explorer.
- In the Data Sources page that opens click the Retry Now link.
Case 2: You will receive the Synchronization Failed mail if there is any failure during the data synchronization process between Instagram and Zoho Analytics, after the initial setup & import of data. This might be a momentary failure due to any internal issues. This import schedule will get suspended if there are five successive failures.
If the issue persists please do write to email@example.com. We will look into it and help you resolve it
If you are a Basic plan user of Zoho Analytics, you can synchronize your data once every day. If you are a user of the Standard plan or above, you can choose to synchronize your data at one of the hourly intervals mentioned below.
- 3 Hours
- 6 Hours
- 12 Hours
- Every day
Yes, you can edit the Instagram connector synchronization setting if you are the administrator of the Instagram Analytics.
To do so,
- Open the corresponding Instagram Analytics Workspace in Zoho Analytics.
- Click Data Sources on the left panel. All the data source of the workspace will be listed.
- Click Instagram. The Data Sources page for Instagram will open.
- In the Data Sources page that opens, click the Edit Setup link.
- The Edit Setup - Instagram dialog will open. Modify the settings as needed.
- Click Save. The synchronization setting will be modified and data will be synced in the next synchronization interval.
Yes, you can synchronize your Instagram data instantly when needed.
To synchronize your data instantly:
- Open the Data Sources page.
- Click Sync Now. Instagram data will get instantly synchronized.
This option can be used up to five times between the scheduled intervals.
8. Can I set up the Instagram Advanced Analytics in any other existing Workspace or in any other Advanced Analytics Workspace?
Yes, you can set up the Instagram Advanced Analytics in any of the existing Workspace or in any of the Advanced Analytics Workspace to analyze data together. You can do this by creating a new table by importing data.
No, you cannot add/modify data in the Instagram Advanced Analytics tables. Data from Instagram will automatically get synced into Zoho Analytics in the different tables. You cannot edit any of this data or add new data records from within Zoho Analytics.
However, you can add new tables and add/import data into that, to create reports combining data with Instagram data.
No, you cannot add new columns. But, you can add Custom and Aggregate Formulas (i.e., calculated fields) to these tables to help you create powerful reports. Refer to Adding Formulas to know more about this.
Yes, you can add new data tables. Click New > New Table/Import Data to add a new table in the existing Instagram Advanced Analytics Workspace.
With this feature, you can import data from other sources or add them manually into your Workspace to analyze and create reports combining this with your Instagram data.
- Import Data from Files
- Import data from Feeds
- Import Data from Cloud Storages
- Importing Data from Cloud Database
- Import Data from Local Database
- Import Data from popular Business Applications
- Import Data using Zoho Analytics API
At present, we do not provide an option in the user interface. If you require this transfer, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get your requirements and handle this.
You can re-authenticate the setup by following the below steps.
- Open the Data Sources page.
- Click Re-authenticate. The Re-Authenticate Instagram dialog will open.
- Click Re-authenticate Instagram button. You will be prompted to provide the credentials.
- Enter your credentials and re-authenticate your account.
You can remove the connector from the Data Sources page.
- Open the Data Sources page.
- Hover the mouse over Instagram. A Settings icon will appear.
- Click the Settings icon, then select Remove Data Source.
- The data synchronization from Instagram into this Workspace will be removed. However, you will still be able to access this workspace with existing data.
Zoho Analytics will synchronize a set of modules and fields from Instagram, over which you can create reports. To get the detailed list of Fields and Modules, refer to this question.
Yes, you can create reports using columns from different tables. Each Instagram module is a table in Zoho Analytics. And all these tables are linked to each other by default. You can create reports by simply dragging and dropping the required columns into the reports designer.
Zoho Analytics supports a wide variety of reports.
- Packed Bubble
- Bubble Pie
- Stacked Bar
- Smooth Line
- Geo Map Chart
- Stacked Area
- Table View
- Pivot tables (Matrix Views)
- Summary view
- Tabular view
- KPI Widgets
- Single Numeric Widget
- Dial Chart Widget
- Bullet Chart Widget
- Dashboards (multiple reports arranged in the same page)
5. What are the default reports & dashboards created by Zoho Analytics, on setting up this connector?
When you setup/configure the Instagram Connector, 45+ default reports & dashboards are automatically created. These hand-picked reports will be pretty useful in analyzing your help data effectively.
Zia is Zoho's Intelligent Assistant. Ask Zia understands your questions asked in plain English and gets you powerful insights as answers in the form of cool and relevant visualizations.
You can simply Ask Zia questions, it will interpret these questions, fetches data from the relevant tables, and generates the most appropriate reports immediately.
Formulas, as the name indicates, are calculations that help you derive key business metrics that can be used for reporting and analysis. Zoho Analytics provides a powerful formula engine to create any type of calculations required, to enable creating the required reports. Refer to Adding Formulas in Zoho Analytics to know more.
The default formulas added by Zoho Analytics are listed below. You can view these formulas by opening the corresponding table and selecting Add > Edit Formulas from the toolbar.
The following are the default formulas in the Story Insights table.
|Formula Name||Formula Type||Formula||Description|
|Reach Rate||Aggregate||Sum("Story Insights"."Reach")/sum("Profile Information"."Followers")*100||This formula calculates the reach rate for a story.|
The following are the default formulas in the Profile Insights table.
|Formula Name||Formula Type||Formula||Description|
|Reach Rate||Aggregate||Sum("Profile Insights"."Reach")/Sum("Profile Information"."Followers")*100||This formula calculates the reach rate for the profile.|
The following are the default formulas in the Media Insights table.
|Formula Name||Formula Type||Formula||Description|
|Engagement Rate||Aggregate||Sum("Media Insights"."Engagement")/Sum("Profile Information"."Followers")*100||This formula calculates the engagement gained.|
|Engagement on Reach||Aggregate||Sum("Media Insights"."Engagement")/Sum("Media Insights"."Reach")*100||This formula calculates the engagement on reach.|
|Video View Rate||Aggregate||sum("Media Insights"."Video Views")/sum("Media Insights"."Impressions")*100||This formula calculates the video view rate.|
To know how to create your own formulas, refer to the Adding Formulas in Zoho Analytics help page.
10. Can I combine data from other sources with the data from Instagram to create reports and dashboards?
Yes, you can combine data from your other sources with your Instagram data for analysis.
To do this, you need to add/import a new data table into the Instagram Advanced Analytics workspace as explained in the previous question, and then define a look-up to join it with the table from Instagram.
To define a lookup relationship between two tables, it is essential that the tables have at least one column which is common between them. Follow the below steps to look up a column from Instagram along with the data from any other source.
- Open the corresponding table, right-click the column header and select Change to Lookup Column.
- In the Change to Lookup Column dialog that opens, select the column to look up.
- Click OK.
Click to learn more.
Yes, you can join data from multiple tables to create the reports. Refer to Joining Tables in Zoho Analytics for detailed help on this.
Zoho Analytics allows you to derive the data required by writing standard SQL SELECT Queries. This feature is called Query Tables. With Query Tables, you can also combine data from different tables and create reports from the same. View this video demo to know about how to create Query Tables in Zoho Analytics.
You can integrate and perform cross-functional analytics with most business applications that Zoho Analytics integrates with. Refer here to know the list of Business Analytics supported in Zoho Analytics.
2. How can I analyze the data from the other business applications along with Instagram Advanced Analytics?
To import data from business apps:
- Open the Workspace in which you have set up the connector.
- Click the Import Data button.
- In the Create New Table tab that opens, select the application that you wish to import.
- Provide the necessary authentications.
- Select the necessary modules and fields. Select the schedule import option.
- Click Create. Data from the selected application will be imported as a different set of tables in the Instagram Advanced Analytics workspace.
3. Will a lookup relationship between the related modules from Instagram and other third-party applications be created automatically?
A lookup relationship will not be created automatically between the Instagram modules and the modules of the application that you are trying to import. You will have to manually link the tables using a lookup relationship.
To manually create a lookup relationship refer to the Join Tables section.
You can easily share the reports that you create with the other users. Refer to Sharing and Collaboration help page for more details on this.
Once you privately share a report to your colleagues they will be able to access the reports as you do. Refer here to know how to access the reports.
Zoho Analytics offers four user roles - Account Administrator, Organization Administrators, Workspace Administrators, and User. Click to know more about the Zoho Analytics Organization Model and User Roles.
This is the expected behavior. Only when the users to whom the reports are being shared is set as a Workspace Administrator, they will be able to edit the reports.
If a normal user wants to edit the report, he/she will have to save the report with a new name using the Save As option toolbar. The User can edit this report. To know more about user roles click here.
4. Can I share the same report created, to multiple users with different criteria associated so that they see different data?
Yes, you can. Refer to the topic Apply filter criteria.
Yes, you can export the report/dashboard in various file formats such as CSV, EXCEL, PDF, HTML, and Image. Click to know more.
In order to print the report/dashboard, you first need to export it. You can export the report in various file formats such as CSV, EXCEL, PDF, HTML, and Image. Click to know more.
If you are a user to whom a report has been shared and you want to take a print, ensure you have been provided the Export permission by the Administrator to the report, only then you will be able to print the report.
If you are the Administrator of the Zoho Analytics or a 'Workspace Administrator', you can schedule reports and dashboards to be emailed automatically. Refer to the email schedule section in this help documentation.
Yes, you can embed/create a permalink for reports & dashboards. You can also create a slideshow of views. Refer to the Publishing Options section to learn how to do this.
Yes, you can create Slideshows. You can also embed slideshow. Refer to the Creating Slideshow section to learn how to do this.
We offer 24x5 technical support (Monday to Friday). In case if you need our assistance kindly do mail us your questions to email@example.com.
You can also reach out to us on our toll-free numbers -
United States: +1 (888) 900 9646
United Kingdom: +44 (20) 35647890
Yes, certainly. Register for a demo in this page.