More with Credit Notes
IN THIS PAGE…
- Void - You can void a credit note on which no payment has been made yet, by opening it and selecting More - Void. The note will be rendered invalid. This action can be reverted by selecting the void note and clicking on More - Convert to Draft
- Delete - You can delete a credit note on which no payment has been made yet, by opening it and selecting More - Delete.
- Print - You can print a copy of the credit note by opening it and clicking on the print icon in the top left corner.
- PDF - Download a credit note in portable form by simply opening it and selecting the PDF icon in the top left corner.
- Email - You can email a credit note to your customer by clicking on the email icon in the top left corner.
Sort - Credit Notes can be filtered and viewed according to its status.
- Draft - The credit notes that you’ve saved as draft will be in the Draft status. Credit notes in the draft status will not have any impact on accounts.
- Open - The credit notes that you’ve saved/converted as open and are yet to be paid off to customers.
- Closed - The credit note has been accounted for, either through a refund or by associating it to an invoice.
- Void - The credit note has been made invalid.
Custom Views are specific filters to list your credit notes based on your criteria.
For example, out of all your credit notes in Zoho Invoice, you might want to view those credit notes that are greater than $1000.
With Custom Views, you can simply create this filter. All you have to do is set criteria and later use it to classify data.
To create a Custom View:
- Go to the Credit Notes module.
- Under the All drop down, present at the top left, select + New Custom View.
- In the following page, give an appropriate Name to your view, define Criteria, Column Preference (i.e. columns which you want to see in the filtered results).
- Click Save.
Your new custom field will now be listed under Created By Me, in the dropdown.