In your Zoho Creator on-premise setup, you will be able to add users to your account and manage them, create roles, provide access to your applications, and define access levels for each set of users.
A user is someone who will access your application. An administrator is also a user, but they also have permission to the Setup page of Zoho Creator.
- Users will not be able to sign up to your application without the admin adding them as users.
- Only the administrator with access to the application can send invites to new users, add them to the application and also share the application with new users.
- Only those users added as a developer (without permission to the Setup page), will be able to share the application to an existing user.
- All users will be added to the same admin workspace.
- Click the Setup icon on the home page. The Account Setup page will display.
- Click Users under User Management.
- Click the Add Users button.
- Enter the users' email addresses.
- Click the Add button. The user will be added to your account and displayed under the Users tab.
An automated email invitation will be sent to the user's email address provided by the administrator. The user can click the access link in the email to accept the invitation. The request must be accepted by the user within seven days of receiving it. There are two ways the process can go from here, based on whether:
The following functionalities help you effectively manage users and control access to your applications:
- Create user groups to manage your users easily.
- Define permission sets that provide accessibility to select components of your application based on your users.
- Create roles and hierarchical order to those roles based on the positions that users hold in your organization.
- Configure data sharing rules to provide select user groups access to records.
- Establish domain restrictions to ensure that users with email addresses belonging only to verified domains have access.