Signing Up with Zoho Mail
Zoho Mail provides the best in class email experience for personal and organization users with its extensive features and customization options.
Zoho Mail provides the email service for business accounts to get custom domain based email addresses for all the users in the organization. To Sign Up for custom domain based email address like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, choose any of the plans from the Zoho Mail Pricing page and click Sign Up under the plan.
If you want to Sign up and need a domain based custom account, you need to have the required permissions to access the DNS Manager of the domain. The entire Email Hosting Process for the domain is explained in this help page.
If you do not have a domain or need the Zoho Mail account only for personal communications, you can 'Sign Up' for the personal account to get a email@example.com email account. You will be asked to choose a unique username, and your mobile number will be required for verification purposes. Make sure that your mobile phone is accessible and active during the sign up procedure.
After entering the required details such as username, password, and mobile number, a confirmation code will be sent to your mobile. Enter the confirmation code to verify your Zoho account. Following the verification process, you will be redirected to your Zoho mailbox. You will be able to send emails only from a verified account.
The Organization Administrators create users from the Control Panel using the 'Add User' option. The administrator chooses the first time password for the user during the account creation. The users who log in for the first time, need to use the login email address and the password information provided by the administrators. After login, the users can change their Password from the 'My Account' section.
In Zoho, you can signup using your Google / Yahoo / Facebook account, and create an account, to use the Zoho Services via Federated Sign In. When you want to setup and use a personal account in Zoho Mail, you need to choose a Zoho username to get an account firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not need a separate password for Zoho and can use the Federated Sign-in, as long as you use only webmail.
However, if you want to access via POP/ IMAP or Active Sync, or to use Email Forwarding, you need to generate and use the password specific to Zoho.
Follow the steps below to generate your Zoho Password.
- Sign out of the current Zoho Session.
- Open https://www.zoho.com/mail/login.html in a new tab.
- Click the Forgot Password link on the page.
- You will receive a link to reset the password in the Google/ Yahoo account which you are using to Sign in.
- On clicking the link, you will be requested to choose the Password for the account connected with it.
Once you generate the Password, you can use the Zoho Password to access your Zoho account from the browser or external devices.
The Primary Email Address is the email account that is linked with your Zoho Email Account. For @zoho.com users, the Primary email address will be used for verification and Password reset purposes only.
Steps to change the Primary Email Address
- Login to www.zoho.com/mail
- Click on your Avatar, and choose My Account.
- In the Zoho Accounts dashboard, choose My Profile Info section.
- All the email addresses associated with your account will be listed under Email Address.
- In case you want to change an existing secondary email address, as primary, click Make Primary.
- In case you want to add a new email address, click the Edit icon and provide the new email address you want to link to your Zoho Account.
- You will receive a notification to the provided address for verification. Once verified, the newly provided email address will be linked to this account.
For instructions on changing your display name for outgoing emails, click here.