Login to Zoho Mail
Zoho Mail provides the best in class email experience for personal and organization users with its extensive features and customization options.
Table of Contents
- Log in to Zoho Mail
- Sign up for Domain Email Hosting
- Sign up - Personal @zoho.com account
- Sign Up - Required Information
- Federated Sign in - Generate Password
- Change Primary Email Address
- Change Password
- Forgot Password
- Troubleshooting Sign Up
Zoho provides a single-sign-on and hence once you log into any Zoho application, you can directly access the other applications in the same browser using different tabs. Both organization users and Zoho personal users can log in to Zoho Mail using this link.
In case you've forgotten your password, or if an authentication error shows up, follow this help page.
The Organization Administrators create users from the Control Panel using the Add User option.
The administrator chooses the first time password for the user while creating the account. The users who log in for the first time need to use the login email address and the password information provided by the administrators and log in from this link. After login, the users can change their Password from the Accounts section.
Personal users would've chosen the email address and the password while creating the account for themselves. Personal users can also use their phone numbers provided during sign up for logging in to their accounts. They can log in to Zoho Mail using the credentials that they entered.
An organization Administrator or Super Administrator can log in and access the Control Panel using this link. They can enter their Zoho account credentials and access the Control Panel. Alternatively, if they are already logged in their Zoho Mail account, they can click the Control Panel link at the top of their mailbox.
Zoho Mail provides the email service for business accounts to get custom domain based email addresses for all the users in the organization. To Sign Up for custom domain based email address like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, choose any of the plans from the Zoho Mail Pricing page and click Sign Up under the plan.
If you want to Sign up and need a domain based custom account, you need to have the required permissions to access the DNS Manager of the domain. The entire Email Hosting Process for the domain is explained in this help page.
If you do not have a domain or need the Zoho Mail account only for personal communications, you can 'Sign Up' for the personal account to get a firstname.lastname@example.org email account. You will be asked to choose a unique username, and your mobile number will be required for verification purposes. Make sure that your mobile phone is accessible and active during the sign up procedure.
After entering the required details such as username, password, and mobile number, a confirmation code will be sent to your mobile. Enter the confirmation code to verify your Zoho account. Following the verification process, you will be redirected to your Zoho mailbox. You will be able to send emails only from a verified account.
While signing up for a Zoho Mail account, you are required to provide us with below mentioned certain personal information. This information is required in order to make your account secure.
You will be asked to enter your First Name and Last Name while signing up. This name is by default displayed to everyone you interact with, using your Zoho Mail account.
The email address you provide will be the email address used to sign in to your Zoho Mail account. This is also the email address that will be displayed in your outgoing emails by default.
- Your email address has to be more than 6 characters and less than 30 characters.
- The email address can include only letters, numbers, underscore (_) and dots (.)
The password you provide will be required each time you sign in to your Zoho Mail account. The password has to include a minimum of 8 characters. In order to keep your account safe, choose a Strong Password.
Providing and linking your mobile number with your Zoho Mail account helps us keep your account secure. You will be asked to enter your mobile number and then re-enter it in order to eliminate any mistakes.
- This registered mobile number can be used to enable Two Factor Authentication, thus adding an extra layer of security for your account.
- You can also use the registered mobile number as your recovery phone number in case you forget your password.
In Zoho, you can signup using your Google / Yahoo / Facebook account, and create an account, to use the Zoho Services via Federated Sign In. When you want to setup and use a personal account in Zoho Mail, you need to choose a Zoho username to get an account email@example.com.
You will not need a separate password for Zoho and can use the Federated Sign-in, as long as you use only webmail.
However, if you want to access via POP/ IMAP or Active Sync, or to use Email Forwarding, you need to generate and use the password specific to Zoho.
The Primary Email Address is the email account that is linked to your Zoho email account. For @zoho.com users, the Primary email address will be used for verification and Password reset purposes only.
Steps to change the Primary Email Address
- Login to www.zoho.com/mail
- Click on your Avatar, and choose My Account.
- In the Zoho Accounts dashboard, choose My Profile Info section.
- All the email addresses associated with your account will be listed under Email Address.
- In case you want to change an existing secondary email address, as primary, click Make Primary.
- In case you want to add a new email address, click the Edit icon and provide the new email address you want to link to your Zoho Account.
- You will receive a notification to the provided address for verification. Once verified, the newly provided email address will be linked to this account.
For instructions on changing your display name for outgoing emails, click here.
The users can change their Password from the My Account section in the Zoho Mail Suite.
Steps to change the current password:
- Login to Zoho Mail
- Click on your Avatar, and then select My Account
- This launches the Zoho Accounts dashboard
- Select Security section
- In the Change Password section, provide the Current Password for the account
- Provide the new password and re-enter the new password for validation.
- Check the Terminate all active web browser sessions / Terminate mobile app sessions in your device(s) and remove active API authtokens checkboxes in case you have any security concerns.
- Click Save
In case you have forgotten your account password, you can reset it by following the below instructions.
- In the login page, click the Forgot Password link.
- Enter the Registered Email or Mobile details, and type in the captcha.
- Now click Request.
- Select your choice for the mode of password reset, i.e., if you want a reset link emailed, or a verification code sent to your mobile number.
- On clicking the reset link, or entering the verification code, you will be redirected.
- Enter a new password and click Change.
- You can now Sign in by entering your new password.
In case you're an organization account holder, you can't change your password directly. You'll have to request your password reset, and it has to be reset by your organization Administrator. Click here to know more.
Wrong mobile number during Sign Up
If you have entered the wrong mobile number while signing up, you won't receive the verification code. So, you'll not be able to complete the registration process. To complete your sign up using the correct mobile number, follow the steps below:
- Log into mailadmin.zoho.com using the incorrect mobile number as the Username and the Password that you used during the Sign Up process.
- In the verification page, click the Click Here hyperlink.
- Choose the country code, enter your mobile number and click the Update my mobile link.
- Once done, click the Resend Code link to get the verification code by SMS.
- Enter the verification code and click Verify my mobile button to Activate your account.
Now, log into Zoho Mail again using the updated phone number and complete the Domain Verification process by following the on-screen instructions.
Invalid Email Address error
Sometimes, if you enter your email address to sign into your account, you might get an invalid email address error. This might occur if you haven't verified your mobile number. In such cases, use your mobile number to sign in. This will direct you to the verification page, where you can verify your mobile number. Following this, your account will be validated and the email address can be used for signing in.