Once you have verified the domain, you can set up user mail accounts by using 'Add users' or 'Import users' from the Control Panel. You need to ensure that Email Hosting is enabled for the domain to set up accounts. The mail icon will be dark coloured to indicate that email hosting is enabled for the domain.
You can choose to add users one by one using their email address or use bulk upload to import CSV file to create upto 200 users at a time.
For even more large corporates or more advanced users can reach us to get 'Active Directory' Import wizard to create users based on the users available in their Active Directory environments.
When you create users, the users will be able to login to the account and will be able to send emails. However the MX entries of the domain should be pointed to Zoho Mail servers for the users to start receiving emails. The MX records of the domain can be cross verified in www.mxtoolbox.com, a third party tool which can be used to check the important DNS records of any domain.
Add users one by one
- Log in to www.zoho.com/mail as Super Admin or Admin
- Launch Control Panel » User Details
- Click Add user from the top links
- Provide the username part in the textbox, choose the domain from the dropdown.
- Provide a password for the user to login. The user needs to use this password during the first login. (Minimum 8 characters.)
- Once you select Ok, the account gets created for the user.
- The user will be able to login and view the account created in Zoho.
Import users from a CSV file
You can set up users in Zoho Mail using import users from CSV file.
- Login to www.zoho.com/mail as Admin/ Super Admin
- Click Control Panel >> User Details >> Import from CSV
- Download the sample CSV file from the right pane.
- Provide the 'username' values in the Name Column.
- Provide the 'Password' values in the Password Column.
- The other columns are optional, and you may provide the values based on your requirement.
- Once you have updated the values, save the file as CSV file.
- Select Choose file, to select the file saved in your desktop.
- Select the primary domain, based on which you want to create the main accounts.
- In case you have additional domains, and want to have domain based aliases, click More, to view and select the other domains in the organziation.
Import Users from CRM
If you are a Zoho CRM Admistrator or if your Organization has a CRM account and want to set up Email Hoasting for the entire domain, you can directly associate the users you already have in Zoho CRM in Zoho Mail Suite, using the option Import from CRM. Note that the Super Admin in CRM should have either the Admin Role or Super Admin role in Zoho Mail to utilize this option. The option Invite from CRM will work only when the Admin user in CRM logs in to Zoho Mail and uses the Import from CRM option.
- Log in to mail.zoho.com as the Super Admin of CRM
- Go to Control Panel » User Details
- Click Import Users from CRM
- The user of your CRM Organization will directly be added in Zoho Mail Suite.
- The other users of your Organization can be added using the CSV file or Add user option
Invite users to Zoho
If any of your Organization users already have registered for Zoho accounts, and linked it with their domain based accounts, you can invite the users to Zoho.
- In the Add users section, enter the registered Email address of the user to invite the user
- The users will receive an invitation mail to their domain based email address.
- When the user accepts the invitation, the user will be asked to provide their Zoho credentials.
- Once the user gets authenticated, he will become a part of the Organization created by the administrator.
- This will avoid the loss of data, if the user already has any other Zoho applications like CRM, Recruit etc linked to his account.
- The administrator will then be able to reset the account password, if required.
There may be certain conflicts if the user already has a business account in Zoho, in which case, you need to remove the existing Organization set up under the user, to make him a part of the current Organization. In no case, a single user account can be a part of multiple Organizations.
Also, once an user is invited to the Organization and becomes a part of Organization, the email data in the account will be treated as Organization data. In case of deletion or dissociation of the user in future, the email data associated with the account will be completely deleted and cannot be recovered. If the user wants ot have the account as his private, the user can remove the Organization reference by changing the primary email address of the account.
User Provisioning from Active Directory
Zoho Mail provides you a tool to discover and automatically create corresponding users and email accounts in Zoho Mail.
- Install the Zoho Mail Active Directory User Provisioning Wizard in the system.
- When you execute the Wizard, you will be requested to provide the Super Admin credentials.
- You should provide the Server in which the Active Directory is installed.
- You should have the details of the LDAP query to be used to list the users of the organization.
- You need to map the attributes of the Active Directory with the fields provided for Zoho Mail users.
- Based on the LDAP query and the attribute selection, the results will be displayed.
- After validating the results with the user details of your organization, click Finish to provision the users in Zoho Mail.
Once you have created the users, communicate to the users their login email address and their passwords. You can suggest them to login and check whether their accounts are set up properly.
Login Instructions for the users
- From your web browser, go to www.zoho.com/mail
- Provide the user name in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide the password communicated to you and Log in
- You would be able to access your account and the emails.
- You will be able to send emails, but to receive the domain needs to be configured for Email Delivery.