Supports Answer Display Logic
With this feature, you can now apply display logic to answer fields (choices, 'Comments' and 'Not Applicable' fields). This lets you display or hide an answer field based on various conditions.
- The Invite Reviewer feature has been enhanced to add review comments on the survey header, pages, footer, buttons, introduction page, password page, and terms and conditions.
- Preview and Review pages have also been updated to choose to ignore validations.
- The Insert Variable feature within the Settings section has been enhanced to support question comments, question-wise score, individual response URL, response start time, response end time, IP address, collector ID, collector name, and time taken to respond.
- Setup roles and permissions have been enhanced to configure Allow (or) Read-Only permissions for the department resources—tags, themes, and images.
- Conditions within Settings, Trigger Emails, and Filters have been enhanced to support Ranking, Matrix Grid, and Matrix Textbox questions.
Track records using audit logs
With audit logs, you can track all the significant activities related to surveys, portals, and departments in the last 90 days, in chronological order. You can also apply filters by user, date, and action. Read more...
iOS app updates
You can now access and share both online and offline URLs for multiple collectors created for the survey.
- You can now customize the close and minimize view of the pop-up survey, and hide the window based on a unique response restriction.
- The Summary of Responses now supports new chart color customizations.
- You can now edit and reset the question labels for questions and add descriptions for questions in charts. You can also edit and reset the choices labels for questions.
Authenticate your emails using DKIM
Implementing DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), an email authentication method, means you can now authorize Zoho Survey to send emails on your behalf and reduce the chances of it landing in spam folders. Read more...
iOS online and offline app updates
iOS app: Contact Information question is now available in the iOS app, with new charts in the trend reports.
Offline Survey iOS app: You can now sign in to the application as a guest.
- Custom variables now support customizing date formats.
- Invite Reviewer feature has been moved from 'Advanced options' to the 'Review' section within Preview. You can now view and post review comments in Preview. Also, reviewers can now see the full preview of the survey during the review. Read more...
- The insert variable option within the builder question editor now supports page-wise score.
- The insert variable option within the page title and description now supports question comments, question-wise score, page-wise score, and collector name.
iOS app updates
Matrix grid questions are now supported in Reports.
Support DC to DC data migration
You can now migrate your survey data from one DC to another DC. For example, US to IN.
iOS app updates
You can now add questions from the question bank (Template Gallery and Existing Surveys) in the Zoho Survey iOS app builder.
Support Continuous Sum questions
You can now ask budget and calculation-related questions as a single unit using the continuous sum question. Read more...
Translate to Odiya, Somali, and Tigrigna
Zoho Survey has added three more languages—Odiya, Somali and Tigrigna—to its translation feature. However, Tigrigna doesn't support auto translation.
- The mandatory question error message field in the builder has been expanded to support 255 characters.
- New conditions have been added in Settings, Trigger Emails, and Filter.
- You can now choose between two conditions (matches/contains) for validating the regular expressions in Short Answer questions. Read more...
- The Short Answer fields available in the Matrix text box, Matrix Grid, and Multiple textbox questions also support regex validation now.
- You can now set up a custom text in Settings for minimized pop-up surveys. Read more...
- You can now clone permissions in Setup> Role Management. Read more...
Add an introduction page to your survey
You can now add an introduction page to share information about the topic or purpose of your survey. Read more...
Add terms and conditions to your survey
You can now ask your respondents to agree to a set of terms before taking your survey. Read more...
Support Matrix Grid question
You can now create matrix grid questions with columns in short answer, number, email, date, or dropdown formats. Read more...
Question Logic is now Display Logic
Question logic and custom variable logic sections have been folded into 'display logic' in the question editor. The display logic lets you display or hide a question based on various conditions. Read more...
iOS App Updates
The reports section now supports multiple textbox questions.
- You can buy responses from select audiences in New Zealand as well.
- You can map page-wise scores in Zoho CRM and Webhook integrations.
Supports validation in Short Answer responses
You can now validate Short Answer responses by selecting a predefined or custom regular expression to match the answer. Read more...
Updates in Charts - Reports
- New custom configurations and enhanced functionalities in charts
- Revamped chart representation user interface
iOS App Updates
The iOS application now supports all the charts offered in the web application, except the radar chart.
- Page Skip Logic now supports multiple logic conditions. You can now add more than one condition using And/Or in page skip logic. Read more...
- You can now buy responses from select audiences in UAE, Argentina, and Colombia. Read more...
- You can now add a specific time to the survey end date. Read more...
- Mapping options for Zoho CRM and Webhook integrations have been updated with new items. Read more...
Support Multiple TextBox questions
You can now combine related textbox questions with similar or different answer formats into a single question. Read more...
New user model, customizable roles, and a redesigned setup UI
Users are added to a portal with a portal profile property either as a portal admin or as a department member. Two new default roles — department admin and report viewer — have been added, and the existing roles (member and vendor) have been renamed to user and contractor, respectively. Read more...
Support conditions for File Upload and Signature questions
You will now find Answered/Not Answered conditions for File Upload and Signature Questions in Settings, Trigger Emails, and Filter.
Save and Continue Later
Survey owners can enable this option in Settings to let their survey respondents leave their surveys and continue later from where they left off. Read more...
Schedule survey export requests
You can now schedule survey export requests. You can view the status of the scheduled export and also download and manage all the exported files in the Exports section.
- Settings UI has been revamped with new look and features.
- Cebuano language has been added to Zoho Survey's translation feature.
- Zoho Survey supports numeric-only keyboard for Number questions while answering from a mobile phone or tablet.
- Long answer character count limit has been increased to 20,000.
- New fonts — Lato and Merriweather — have been added to the survey themes.
New templates added
Zoho Survey now has 265 ready-to-use templates available in 26 languages. Read more...
Enhancements in Matrix Textbox question
- Matrix textbox question now supports search for all fields in reports. You can now search for responses based on the selected column, similar to the filters that are available for other questions.
- Matrix textbox question now supports randomization.
- Matrix textbox question supports stats table in summary of responses if it has a numeric value in the answer options. Read more...
Enhancements in Page Logic
- The option to redirect to a page has been removed from question logic, and it has been added as Page Skip Logic within Page Logic.
- You can now also use questions from the previous page of your survey to set a redirect page logic. Read more...
Updates in the iOS app
- The iOS application for Zoho Survey now supports Matrix Textbox questions in reports.
- You can now sign in to your Zoho Survey iOS app by using your Apple ID as well.
File upload is now possible in Purchase Responses
The Buy Response feature has been enhanced to support File Upload questions. Read more...
Updates in the iOS app
You can now create cross-tab reports with multiple columns.
- Charts and tables will be shown for each row and column.
- Cross-tab columns will now support open-ended and matrix-type questions, except for matrix dropdown, matrix textbox, and text field (heading/description).
Enhancements in email distribution
You can now set up invitations and reminders in email distribution in the following ways:
- Can be scheduled on a particular date and time.
- Can be automated periodically (daily, weekly, monthly, or custom interval). Read more...
- You can now duplicate themes you have created.
- "Comments" fields for close-ended questions are available in CRM and Webhook integrations as well.
- Matrix textbox question supports CRM integration and piping.
In-mail surveys have been enhanced with a new name: Inline emails
You can now embed a question from your survey (multiple choice, rating scale, dropdown, or NPS) into an email. Read more...
Enhancements in cross-tab reports
- You can now create cross-tab reports with multiple columns. Charts and tables will be shown for each row and column.
- Cross-tab columns will now support open-ended and matrix type questions, except for matrix dropdown, matrix textbox, and text field (heading/description).
- You can also now share and schedule cross-tab reports. Read more...
Email Distribution supports multiple email entries in a contact list
Email invitations will be sent as many times an email address occurs in a contact list and the corresponding invitation variables are recorded for each occurrence of the email. Read more...
Summary of responses have been enhanced with new charts
A variety of charts have been added to compatible questions as part of customizing the summary of responses. Read more...
Add multiple conditions in Logic
Users can now add multiple conditions for an end page logic in settings. Read more...
Support matrix text box questions
The all-new matrix text box question is similar to other matrix questions, but also support adding text boxes for answer choices. Read more...
Apply randomization to all questions
You can now randomize, flip, and rotate all questions or a set of questions on a page. Read more...
- Star rating questions now support two display formats—standard and compact—to determine the spacing between the stars.
- Summary of Responses support questions in rich text format instead of plain text.
- Pop-up surveys have now been enhanced to be triggered manually through a script.
- Summary of Responses have also been enhanced to display the text field (heading/description) and page description in default report. In addition, custom and trend reports have been enhanced to customize displaying the survey visits and response count statistics, text field (heading/description), and page description.
- You can now add a "Comments" field in all the close-ended questions (Multiple Choice (One Answer and Many Answers), Drop Down, Image Type (One Answer and Many Answers), Rating Scale (Weighted Choice and Likert), Star Rating, NPS, Slider, and Ranking)
Zoho Survey builder is now available in 15 new languages
Zoho Survey has been enhanced to support Turkish, Swedish, Portuguese, Italian, Korean, Danish, Polish, Ukranian, Vietnamese, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, and Hindi in the builder. This has been incorporated in Survey's iOS app as well.
Translate to Malayalam and Burmese
Zoho Survey has added two languages, Malayalam and Myanmar (Burmese), to its translation feature.
New demographics in Buy Responses
The Buy Response feature has been enhanced with the addition of region targeting, marital status, basic education, employment status, and industry sector qualifications in the demographics. Read more...
- The latest enhancement made to the custom domain feature shows the custom domain URL of the live form and reports only after SSL installation.
- Triggered emails have been enhanced to support multiple conditions using AND and OR functions.
- Individual Responses have been enhanced to show response unique ID, response public URL, and the live form URL through which the responses were recorded. Response unique ID is made available in all exports and insert variables.
- Also, Individual Responses now have been enhanced to support rich text content (except font color, font size, and background color) instead of plain text.
- The latest enhancements made to Popup Survey supports recording data from a URL parameter, a cookie, or a script variable with the help of custom variables. Also, single click submit has been added for radio button questions in pop-up survey.
Create pop-up surveys
Understand sentiment with Text Analysis
You can now easily see the sentiment of your responses with the help of the Text Analysis (Sentiment and Word Cloud) feature that's been implemented in multiple line questions. Read more...
- The latest enhancements support displaying page and header descriptions in individual responses. Headers and descriptions will be shown or hidden based on the logic applied in individual responses.
- It's now possible to choose a display format (vertical or horizontal) for choice weightage and image rating scale questions on iPhones and iPads.
- You can now delete the images you have uploaded in the image gallery.
- Not Applicable option has been included in logic. (Question, Settings, Email Trigger, and Filter)
- Trigger Function and Webhook now support File Upload and Signature questions. The file can be accessed using the public URL, which is given as a value for the mapped question.
Attach individual responses in Zoho CRM
You can now attach individual responses as PDFs in your CRM records.
Export individual responses in Zoho CRM
It's now possible to export individual responses as PDFs when you view responses in CRM.
You can now choose a display format—vertical or horizontal—for the options in image star rating questions.
It's now possible to choose a display format—vertical or horizontal—for weightage rating scales.
The images and videos present in a survey will be retained during translation.
You can now display the overall survey rating along with the summary average rating statistics.
Pages that don't have any questions will be skipped automatically in the live survey form.
View average rating in reports
You can now view the average rating of all the rating questions in your survey.
Reports now include TURF Analysis
Analyze the combinations options chosen by the respondents from most popular to least popular for checkbox multiple-choice question type with TURF (Total Unduplicated Reach and Frequency) Analysis. Read more...
- You can filter by language in your iOS apps.
- Embed any one multiple choice, matrix or rating type questions from the first page of your survey into your email.
- You can add CSV attachments to scheduled reports.
- Filter conditions for question logic, email triggers, reports, based on answered and not answered questions.
Track the traffic coming to your surveys
You can now analyze the traffic coming in to your surveys through Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Facebook Pixel. Read more...
- Additions have been made to option randomization. You can flip, rotate, and sort the answer choices in ascending order.
- Emoticons have been added for rating scale - Likert type questions.
- iOS app now supports Not Applicable option in multiple choice questions and decimal values in numeric type questions.
Survey builder now available in Bahasa language
Zoho Survey builder is available in Bahasa, the Indonesian language. This is added to the 9 languages already available for our builder, which are, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, LATAM Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Thai, and Russian.
Edit responses collected in offline mode
Users can make any edits and modifications required in responses collected through offline mode.
Filter reports based on languages
You can filter out your responses based on the languages you have translated your surveys into. The responses collected in the languages selected will be shown as a customized report.
Survey builder now available for iPhone users
You can now edit as well as create surveys on your iPhone, along with viewing and creating reports and managing your surveys.
Attach PDF in email trigger
You can now attach the PDF of an individual's response while setting up an email trigger.
Rating scale now supports "not applicable" option
You can choose to include "not applicable" as an option for all types of rating scale questions.
Survey builder now available in iOS app (iPad)
You can now create surveys in your survey iOS app for iPad users, along with viewing reports and managing your surveys.
Choose exclusive options for Multiple Choice (Many Answers)
Select exclusive options for Multiple Choice (Many Answers). This option will restrict respondents from picking another option if they have already picked an exclusive option.
Zoho Survey is now integrated with Slack
Run polls in your slack channels for quick opinions. Post surveys for in-depth opinion gathering. Share survey results with your team and keep them notified of any new responses. Read more...
Share reports in multiple languages
Share the reports in the languages you've translated your survey to. You now have an option to share the report in multiple languages simultaneously. Read more...
Save your reports in Zoho Sheet
Save your survey report in your Zoho Sheet workspace and access it anytime.
Updates in email distribution
Save email templates you've created and use them while sending out your survey email campaigns. Also, you can now add six custom variables, that identify respondents in the reports. Read more...
Choose the individual response display type when sharing report
When sharing a report you can choose which questions should be displayed for the individual responses. This can include all the questions, the shown questions or the answered questions. Read more...
Updates in scoring feature
You can now add scoring for Star Rating, Image Star Rating and Matrix Star Rating type questions. Read more...
Disable collection of personal information through automated channels
Stop collecting personal information, such as email address, first name, and last name, when surveys are being sent through automated channels like email distribution, CRM, Campaigns, and private groups. Read more...
Include information from integrated applications into your survey
Users can now pull data from our newly integrated applications: Eventbrite, Shopify, and Zendesk into their surveys. This can be done by customizing the URL based on the data available in these applications. Read more...
Custom end page for offline surveys
Customized end pages used for a survey can now be applied to the offline survey as well. Read more...
Bullets and numbering in rich text editor
Bullets and numbering can be added to all questions, page descriptions, customized end page messages, email messages, closed survey, and disqualified page messages. Read more...
Set required rows and columns for matrix questions
For mandatory matrix choice questions, you can choose the required number of rows and columns that need to be answered by the respondent. Read more...
Zoho Survey is integrated with Shopify
Shopify users can now distribute surveys to their email lists, and track responses as customers respond, right from your Shopify account. Read more...
Zoho Survey is integrated with Zoho Commerce
Send surveys created on Zoho Survey from Zoho's E-Commerce Platform. Embed your survey question or provide a survey link in your customer emails.
Offline survey now has auto upload and Kiosk mode
Enable auto-upload, where the responses collected from offline surveys will be automatically uploaded when connected to the internet. You can also enable kiosk mode for your offline surveys, and have them taken from the same device. Read more...
Insert click to call link and embed video button
You can now add a call link, which you will find in the insert link of a question type. You can also embed videos into your questions. Read more...
Email distribution variable data will be displayed in reports
The custom variable data collected from email distribution will be displayed under individual responses in the reports section of your survey. Read more...
Personalize the message body in email distribution
Add name, email, and other customer variable data to the body of your email in the email distribution feature. Read more...
Configure PDF report while exporting
You can configure the PDF name, paper size, and orientation while exporting the report. PDFs for individual responses can be exported to a translated language. Read more...
Enhancements in email distribution and trigger email
You can now add the name of the sender in the email distribution and trigger email features. Read more...
Share your survey preview and get feedback
You can now share a preview of your survey with a colleague or friend and ask for suggestions or corrections to be made before launch. Read more...
Send reminders in email distribution
With the latest feature update, you can send reminder emails to people who have not responded to your survey in the email distribution feature. Read more...
Zoho Survey has been integrated with Zendesk
The latest integration with Zendesk lets you send surveys to your customers, notifying them of various actions. Read more...
Custom favicon in custom domain
Our latest update in the custom domain feature lets you add a favicon for your domain. Read more...
Updates to multiple choice questions
Make sure you get the right answer to your multiple choice questions. You can now add "at least," "at most," "exactly" or "between" to specify the number of choices required. Read more...
Enhancements in reports
An enhancement in reports now displays labels for line chart data by default. Read more...
Improvements in page scoring
The latest feature update supports adding page scoring in the triggered email's subject and message. You can add page scoring in your end page custom messages, too. Read more...
Supports open-ended questions in the buy responses feature
The latest feature update allows you to add open-ended questions to your survey while purchasing responses based on your target audience. Read more...
Supports calendar field validation
You can now include a date range in the calendar type question so that respondents can select a date within a specified range. Read more...
Enhancements in email distribution
You can now change the From email address, apply new filters to see who has opened or unopened your emails in the Recipients list, and also download the list of filtered recipients in a CSV format. Read more...
Enhancements in email trigger
You can now change the From email address while setting up an email trigger. Read more...
Updates in the rich text editor
The latest update supports clear formatting and add attributes, similar to hover text and URL, for images in the rich text editor. Read more...
Free plan users can export a PDF now
You can now use our export PDF feature even on our basic free plan. Read more...