- The TATA Chemicals Limited
- The stanford university
- ancora education
Save up to by switching to
the best project management software
Your business can save up to
with Zoho ProjectsGet Started
Not one, but many reasons to GO ZOHO
- Task management
- Issue tracking
- Interactive feeds
- Resource Management
- Audio/Video Conference
- Planned vs Actual
- Storage Space
- Number of Users
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the pricing information displayed on this page may not be accurate. The comparative product pricing was last updated on and is subject to change.
Turn every project into a success story
Visualize your projects
Get a bird's-eye view of everything happening in your project with Gantt charts. They help you visualize and keep track of all your critical tasks and dependencies, ensuring there are no deviations in the project schedule.Learn more about Gantt charts
Automate your work
Define a workflow to automate and manage your tasks in an organized manner. However simple or complex a process may be, get the right approvals and deploy your workflow easily with our drag-and-drop interface.Learn more about task automation
Track your time
Track every billable and non-billable hour using our time management software. Zoho Projects's advanced, two-way integration with Zoho Invoice makes tracking and handling billable and non-billable hours for all your tasks a breeze.Learn more about time tracking
Customize as needed
Use Zoho Projects to create custom workflows, layouts, fields, and statuses so that your whole team can embrace their work and become more productive.Learn more about project customization
Top reasons to search for a Microsoft Project alternative
Microsoft Project is one of the most widely used project management platforms in the world. However, most users often search for other alternatives for the following reasons:
- Not suited for agile projects
- Higher-end pricing
- UI is not user-friendly
- Huge learning curve
- Difficult to integrate with third-party too
Why is Zoho Projects one of the best alternatives to Microsoft project management software?
Zoho Projects is an online project management software that teams use to manage both simple and complex projects. It offers certain advantages over Microsoft Projects:
Suitable for hybrid projects:
Zoho Projects can help teams manage and track both traditional and agile projects on a single platform, create projects and sprints and get comprehensive reports for each.
Zoho Projects offers transparent pricing for all paid plans with both monthly and yearly payment models. There is also a free version that is great for small teams of upto 3 users.
Create a unique workspace for your team in Zoho Projects with custom fields, custom dashboards, custom task and issue views and multiple UI themes to choose from
No learning curve:
With a clean, intuitive interface and easy navigation between modules, teams can implement and use Zoho Projects much faster than other tools.
Zoho Projects provides seamless integrations with Zoho apps as well as numerous third-party applications through Zoho Marketplace. Users can also create their own integrations using APIs and webhooks.
Want to see how Zoho Projects stands against other tools? Learn why Zoho Projects is the best project management software.
Top 5 alternative to
- Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is the preferred project management tool of more than 200,000 businesses worldwide, with teams both small and big using it to manage and track their projects.
Benefits of using Zoho Projects over\Microsoft Projects:
- Feature-rich with issue tracking, budget management, resource management and portfolio management all rolled into one.
- Fully customizable tool that can be tailored to fit specific project or industry demands.
- More affordable with pay-as-you-go pricing models and a free plan.
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS to help users work on the go.
- Supports global teams with remote collaboration capabilities.
Pros of Zoho Projects
- Easily editable Gantt chart with multiple dependencies, critical path and baselines.
- Workflow automation capabilities
- Manual timesheets and automatic timers to record task hours
- Multiple collaboration features including chat, discussion forums, comments, feeds, virtual meetings etc.
- Project portfolio management
- Free plan upto /3/users
- Premium plan /user/month
- Enterprise plan /user/month
To check features included in each plan, visit the Zoho Projects pricing page
Jira is an issue-tracking and agile project management tool offered by Atlassian and is a great Microsoft Project alternative for enterprises and software teams.
Benefits of using Jira over Microsoft Projects:
- Supports agile or hybrid projects
- Issue-tracking capabilities
- Detailed reports
Pros of Jira
- Integration with third-party tools
- Range of customizations
- Project tracking capabilities
Cons of Jira
- Steep learning curve
- Lack of an intuitive UI
- Not suited for non-technical users
Monday.com is a cloud-based project management software that mainly caters to small and medium businesses, and serves a variety of industries.
Benefits of using monday.com over Microsoft Project:
- Automation of workflows
- Reporting capabilities
- Powerful collaboration features
Pros of monday.com:
- Minimum learning curve
- Simple, easy-to-use UI
- Integrations with third-party apps
Cons of monday.com:
- LImited mobile app
- No chat support
- Visualization could be improved
Wrike is a web-based project management tool that is a great alternative to Microsoft Project and is used by both small and large teams.
Benefits of using Wrike over Microsoft Project:
- Great team collaboration features
- Huge range of customizations
- Custom plans for marketing and service delivery teams
Asana is an online project management solution that is best suited for small to medium-sized teams. It is one of the most popular Microsoft Project alternatives.
Benefits of using Asana over Microsoft Project:
- Robust project tracking
- Strong collaboration features
- Project organization features
Pros of Asana
- Easy to implement and setup
- Simple, intuitive UI
- Mobile app for working on the go
Cons of Asana
- Higher-end pricing
- Not suitable for enterprises
- No budgeting capabilities
Disadvantages of using Microsoft Project
- Not suited for smaller teams because of the higher-end pricing.
- Larger learning curve. The tool can be overwhelming and hard to adopt.
- Poor team collaboration features and hence unsuited for distributed teams.
- Limited integrations with third-party applications.
- UI can be improved.
Advantages of using Microsoft Project
- Great community support
- Seamless integrations with other Microsoft tools
- On-premise version available
- Portfolio management capabilities
- Project scheduling and tracking capabilities