Folders in Zoho Mail
Folders in your mailbox help in organizing emails effectively. Zoho Mail provides options to create multiple levels of folders, to manage emails from several contacts, projects or business categories more effectively. In Zoho Mail, you have the system folders provided by default, which includes standard system folders and special folders. On right clicking the folder, contextual options based on the folder is provided. For custom folders, you can expand/ collapse the folder trees using the small triangle to the left of the folder name.
The default folders in the Zoho mailbox are listed below:
- Inbox – Incoming emails are delivered to this folder by default. Refer Filters to create custom conditions, to automatically move the emails to different folders.
- Drafts – Emails that you draft, but do not send right away are saved in this folder.
- Sent – The emails you send are automatically saved in this folder. Further, the delivery status for each sent email can also be viewed here.
- Spam – The incoming emails are automatically processed for Spam and the emails detected as Spam are moved to this folder. When Spam emails are deleted, they will not be moved to the Trash folder, but will be deleted permanently.
- Trash – Emails deleted from Inbox/ Sent or other custom folders are moved to Trash. After a period of 30 days, the Trash gets cleaned up and the emails in Trash are permanently deleted.
Apart from the Standard folders provided above, Zoho Mail provides special folders, listed below:
- Templates – The users can compose and save contents of email, they repeatedly used in their emails, as Templates. The Templates are saved and listed in the Templates folder for easy access.
- Outbox – Zoho Mail provides options to schedule emails or delay emails for a brief period before it gets sent. Such emails scheduled for sending later are stored in Outbox folder.
Note: The system folders and special folders cannot be deleted or renamed.
By default, the folders are sorted in alphabetical order. You can set the preferred order for the folders from the Settings. In the Settings menu, go to Access Old version for >> General Settings >> Appearance >> Folder sort options >> Preferred Order (Drag and drop) >> Save.
View unread emails
In certain situations, you might want to view only the unread emails in your mailbox, to make sure you haven't missed out on reading any important emails. To view only the unread emails, navigate to the specific folder, click the Views icon, and choose Unread.
View emails with Tags
Tagging emails is an effective way of organizing them. You might have emails that have important tags associated with them. To view the emails that are tagged, click the Views icon, select Tags, and choose the required tag from the listing. In the Tags view, clicking on Tags lists all emails with tags, while choosing a specific tag lists emails with that tag alone.
List flagged emails
Emails that you mark with one of the three available flags can also be viewed separately. Navigate to the folder whose flagged emails you want to view, click the Views icon, select Flagged, and choose the respective flag from the listing.
View archived emails
Zoho Mail saves the emails that you archive in the same folder but does not display it in the email listing. In case you want to view the emails that you've archived, in the respective folder, click the Views icon, and choose Archived. This will display all the archived emails in the folder.
List emails with attachments
Most tasks or emails that need to be followed up with, are sent with attachments. These emails can be located easily by making use of the List emails with attachments option. To view these emails, click Views >> Attachments >> Emails with attachments.
List attachments in folder
At times, you might want to locate certain attachments that you know have landed up in a specific folder. In such cases, you can list all the attachments in a folder by clicking Views >> Attachments >> Attachments in this folder.
Email sorting preference
You can choose the sorting preference of your emails such that your oldest emails on top. To view your oldest emails on top, switch off the conversation view. You'll see the Sort: Oldest on top icon in the email listing pane. Click this icon to change your sorting preference. Refer this help page on instructions to switch off conversation views.