Attachment Viewer offers a single consolidated view of all the attachments received. This mainly addresses the issue of attachment disorder due to numerous emails and forwards.
Attachment viewer consolidates the emails from all the applications in a single place. You can view the attachments sent to you by email, or shared to you via Streams or added in your Tasks or Notes in the centralized view. The files are neatly sorted based on their types:
- Media Files
- Compressed Files and
- Other types
You can select any thumbnail to preview the attachments. They can be previewed directly without having to download the entire attachments. Also, if the files attached are Documents/ Spreadsheets or Presentations, you can directly view the attachments using the embedded Zoho Writer/ Sheet/ Show applications.
The attachment viewer can also be used to directly preview the media files, in case you receive a video or audio file attachment. Only the compressed files and certain other types of files need to be downloaded to view them. Such attachments cannot be previewed.
You can mark an attachment as a favorite, directly open the linked email, send a new email with the attachment, upload the file to cloud or add a tag to the attachment from thumbnail view itself.
All the quick actions are also available in the Preview Attachment mode. Further, you can search and list the other attachments from the sender or list all the attachments of the same type from the Preview mode.
From the attachment viewer window, you can select multiple attachments and share them in any other application in Zoho Mail.
Steps to share attachments:
- Open the Attachment Viewer in your Zoho Mail account.
- Select the attachments that you would like to share.
- Click the Share option on the top menu.
- Select Attach and post in Streams if you want to share these attachments with a Streams post. You can enter the post content and choose the other options before posting the message.
- If you select the Attach and send a new email, the attachments will open in the email composer.
- You can select the Attach to a new Note option if you want to add the attachments to a new note. You can further edit the note and set your preferences.
You can also download multiple attachments from the Attachment Viewer by selecting multiple attachments and clicking the Download icon from the top menu.
The attachment viewer application has an inbuilt filter, using which you can set conditions to filter your attachments and locate them easily. These conditions can be set, based on various entities.
Steps to filter attachments:
- Click the Filter icon in the top right corner of the Attachment viewer screen.
- Set the filter conditions under each entity.
- If you are looking for attachments from a particular group, select the respective group under Groups section.
- In the Attachments from section, select if the attachment was shared via an email, note or any other such entity.
- In the Attachment type section, select the type of document you're looking for.
- If you've tagged the required attachment, choose the tag from the Tags drop-down, for easier filtering.
- After setting the necessary conditions, click Filter.
- The attachments falling under this filter category will be displayed.