Conversation View Settings
Conversation View groups the emails as conversations and presents them hierarchically, making it easy to read and navigate to the individual emails. Zoho Mail provides flexible personalization options in the Conversation View settings to personalize the view and the actions to suit the individual requirements.
Conversation views are available in different flavors based on the preferences. You can choose the default view based on your preferences.
Click SettingsConversation.Under Conversation View, the following options are available to choose from:, choose
- View Conversations across Folders
- View Conversations within Folders
- Turn off
Choose Conversation across Folders or Conversation within Folders to choose between conversation options. You can also choose to Turn Off Conversation View if you prefer the email in the classic view.
If the View Conversations across Folders option is chosen, you must also make sure that you've chosen the required Bulk action behavior. By doing this, you define which emails must be affected while bulk actions such as, Delete, Move etc. are performed.
Despite the global conversation settings, you can turn on/turn off conversations for individual folders.
Follow the steps below to enable or disable conversations for each folder.
- Navigate to the folder, whose conversation view you want to switch.
- On the top right corner of the screen, you'll find the conversation icon.
- indicates that conversations are switched on for that particular folder, and indicates that conversation view is disabled for the folder.
- Click the Switch off Conversations for this folder icon to turn off conversation view for the current folder.
- This option lists each of your emails individually.
- To turn on conversations again, click the View as conversations in this folder icon.
- If this option is chosen, emails will be listed as conversations and not individually.
Conversation view cannot be enabled or disabled separately for the sent, trash, drafts, templates and the outbox folders.
By default, the conversations are sorted from newest to oldest emails, with newest emails on top. You can customize the order to your preference by changing the default settings to 'Oldest on top'.
Click SettingsConversation. Under Sort Conversations, the following options are available to choose between - Latest on top, Oldest on top., choose
Once you change the preference in the Settings, the conversation emails will be sorted and displayed based on your choice.
Mark Conversation as Read option:
By default, when you open an email in conversation mode, only the emails, which you select and read will be marked as Read. You can change the default option by choosing 'Mark all emails in the Conversation as Read', once the email is opened in the preview area. This will be applicable to Conversation across Folders and Conversations within Folder options.
Bulk Action Settings: (Delete/ Move To/ Mark Spam actions)
When you perform bulk email actions like Delete emails, moving to folder etc, in conversation across folders, all the emails listed in the tree will be moved or deleted by default. If you want to have a better control, you can choose to 'Affect only the emails in the same folder'. This will ensure that any such select and act will affect only the email in the same folder and not on all the emails across all the folders.