Understand application settingsThe Settings section allows you to make application level configurations. You can view and change information about and change settings for your application. This section is separated into two categories.
The Primary settings section allows you to edit basic information specific to the application. You can define the face level settings of your application.
- Set icon
- Change application name
- Edit path to the application
- Set date and time format and time zone
- Change app admin
The Advanced settings section allows you to make app-specific configurations such as adding application users, configuring the customer portal, code signing applications, backing up data, creating custom functions, etc. We have grouped the settings under four categories based on functionality.
Users and Control
This section allows you to configure and manage your application users and control the accessibility.
- Users - A person who can access your application. You can invite users, set permissions, and define roles based on your organizational hierarchy. Read more.
- Customer portal - Enables you to configure a portal for your users to log into their dedicated internal system and access restricted data. Read more.
- Publish - Publish any component (Form, Report, or Page) in your Zoho Creator Application, or embed it in your website, blog, etc. Publishing a component makes it public, i.e., a user will not need a Zoho Creator account to access the component. Read more.
- Download as mobile apps - Code sign your application to create and launch the native version of your app directly from your mobile home screen. Read more.
Data administration involves the features for monitoring, maintaining, and managing data effectively. It allows you to control data assets and their usage.
- Localization - Set the language for your users to access the application in and create custom translations for each component in the application. Read more.
- Backup - Back up and download your application data or restore backed up data. Read more.
- Audit trail- Displays the history of record changes for security or auditing purposes. Read more.
Developer tools are tailored for application developers to access the application structure, make changes, and test it before updating the live application.
- Sandbox - Sandbox serves as a preliminary test environment for a live application. App developers can make changes or fixes in Sandbox which will be reflected in the live application only after it is published. Read more.
- Relationship diagram- Display how the forms are related to each other within the application. Read more.
- Application IDE - A built-in code editor that allows the application developer to make changes to the application's source code. Read more.
- Logs -The usage log displays the record all of the interactions that users have in the application. It also displays limits for the total number of records, emails, schedules, SMS, and file attachments that can be used in your account. Read more.
Extensions and APIs<>
Extensions enable users to tailor the application functionality and behavior based to their individual needs or preferences. APIs include a set of functions that can be invoked from a custom process or on selected records in a view.
- Custom functions - A function is a set of deluge statements grouped together, which can be invoked within an application whenever required. Read more.
- Record templates - Create customized templates for individual records. Read more.
- Configure primary settings
- Introduction to Users
- Add users
- Understand customer portal
- Setting up customer portal
- Understand publish
- Understand download as mobile apps
- Understand localization
- Understand backup and restore
- Understand audit trail
- Understand sandbox
- Understand relationship diagram
- Understand application IDE
- Understand logs
- Understand custom functions
- Understand record templates