Understand customer portal
A Customer Portal is a great way for an organization to allow its customers to log into their dedicated internal system and access restricted data. Instead of building your own authentication and security mechanisms, you can use Zoho Creator portals. Your users will be able sign up with your portal instead of signing up with Zoho's account.
Your customers can log in to your dedicated portal, access applications shared to them, submit data, and most importantly, view and edit the records. Customer Portal provides you with an opportunity to present your application with a brand identity personal to your organization.
You manage and configure various characteristics of the customer portal. The characterstics of the portal are as follows:
- Customers are the users of the customer portal. You can add customers individually or import customers in bulk. Once customers are added, theywill be sent an invite requesting that they register for the customer portal. Read more.
- Permissions can be granted by the admin to the users of the portal. Read more.
- Email notifications help the admin of the customer portal communicate with the users of the portal. Customize the different types of emails that the customer portal sends to its users. Read more.
- Portal pages are displayed to the user of the customer portal when they have to login, signup, or reset the password.
- Custom domain helps the admin host the customer portal on their own domain instead of the default Zoho Creator domain. Read more.
- Portal types are the types of access that will be granted to the customer portal. The portal type can be Public, Private or Restricted. Read more.
- Title and logo will be displayed when the customer portal is opened in a browser.