Localization refers to the adaptation of the product to meet the needs of a specific locale through language, culture, or other relevant factors. Translation is a key element of the localization process. Through translation, Zoho Creator enables app owners to make their app consumable by a larger audience by connecting with consumers on a deeper level.
Zoho Creator provides multilanguage support to collaboratively work online across organizational, geographical, and language barriers. You can:
- Add a language in which the end users will access your app's components.
- Manage the translations for the components in your app.
- Configure the language in which the end users will access your app's components. This can be any one of the four:
- Default language
- User's browser language
- User's Zoho account language
- User's preferred language
This feature greatly helps to reach and engage a large of number of users worldwide who speak different languages, especially the non-English speakers.
What can you manage translations for
The below given are the components that Zoho Creator will let you manage the translations for:
- Name of the application.
- Display name of Sections, Forms, Reports, Pages, Form Fields, Report Fields (the columns), Buttons in Forms, Custom Actions;
- Choices displayed by Drop down, Radio, Checkbox and Multi-select field.
|Default language||Default Language refers to the language the app was built, which is seen while editing the app.|
|User's browser language||The app components will be translated in the language that has been set in the web browser (as part of language settings) through which the app is accessed.|
|User's Zoho Account language||The app components will be translated in the language that is set in the user's account settings.|
|User's preferred language||The app components will be translated in the language which the end user chooses.|
List of Supported Languages
Zoho Creator provides translations for the languages listed in the following table. If the language you require is not mentioned in it, you can request translation support by sending an email to email@example.com.