You can set up limitations on the number of expenses a user can record under an expense category by using the Rules feature in the Policies section. You can restrict the number of expenses a user can create on a daily, monthly, yearly, or on a custom duration basis.
This feature is still in early access. Please write to email@example.com to enable this feature.
To set up limitation on the number of expenses:
- Click Admin View.
- Click the icon in the top right corner.
- Go to Policies under Users and Control.
- Click the policy for which you want to set up rules.
- Navigate to Rules.
- Click the + Add Rule button.
- Provide a Name for the rule.
- Select a Rule Type.
- Set the Limit Type as Expense Count.
- In the Expense Count field, enter the maximum number of expenses a user can create under a category.
- Set this rule for a particular category by selecting a category from the Category dropdown.
- Select the Action Type as Warn or Block from the dropdown and click Save.
Once this done, an expense that exceeds the number that is entered in the Expense Count field, will get a warning notification or will be blocked from submission based on the action type you’ve selected.