Can we have encrypted fields in expenses?
Yes, you can have encrypted fields in expenses. When you add custom fields in expenses, you can encrypt them, if they are Personally Identifiable Information (PII). To create an encrypted field:
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > Expenses.
- Scroll down to the Expense Fields Customization section and click + New Field.
- Provide a Label Name for the custom field.
- Select a Data Type for it and fill in the other required details.
- If the field that you’re going to add is a Personally Identifiable Information (PII), mark it as such under Is this PII?
- Click Save.
Once this is done, only the users with access to PII will be able to view the details of that custom field.
Note: You can create encrypted fields for all entities.