Eventbrite Extension for Zoho CRM
How Can I...
Eventbrite is an online platform to plan, promote, host and manage events of every kind. When your events are organized with Eventbrite, Zoho CRM brings you an option to synchronize those event and attendee details to Zoho CRM as campaigns and contacts. With the event details inside CRM, you can make sure to have better interaction for a good customer relationship.
Say you host an event to raise money for charity and invite your customers too. Knowing who attended the event will help you bond better and you might also show a kind gesture by offering them a discount the next time they purchase.
Installing the extension and authenticating it with your Eventbrite login credentials is the first step. Once that is done, you need to manually start the synchronization of events into Zoho CRM. You can either go to the Zoho Marketplace and install the Eventbrite extension or log in to your Zoho CRM account and install.
To install the Eventbrite extension:
- Go to Setup > Marketplace > All.
- All the installed extensions are listed. Under All Extensions you can view all the extensions supported in CRM.
- Click All Extensions, browse through for Eventbrite Extension for Zoho CRM and click it.
The details about the extension will be available.
- Click Install Now.
- In the following screen, agree to the terms of service and click Continue to Install.
- Choose one of the following and click Confirm.
- Install for admin only - The extension will be installed in CRM for only the users with the administrator profile.
- Install for all users - The extension will be installed in CRM for all the users. Users need to have an Eventbrite account to use this feature.
- Choose profiles - The extension will be installed in CRM for all the users. You need to choose this option, click Continue and then select the profile
The extension will be installed automatically for the specified users. After installing you need to authorize using your Eventbrite login credentials.
- Click Authorize.
If you click Skip in this step, you can later authorize from Settings > Setup > Marketplace > All.
In the Eventbrite extension details page, you can click Authorize.
- In the pop-up, type in the Email ID and Password of your Eventbrite account and click Sign In.
The account will be authorized and the extension can be used.
After installing you can synchronize the events from Eventbrite into your Zoho CRM account. The events will be added as campaigns in Zoho CRM and the attendees will be the contacts associated to the campaigns. Every time you choose to synchronize, the existing events that were edited will also be updated in Zoho CRM.
The following information will be synchronized:
|Eventbrite Fields||Zoho CRM Fields|
|Event Name||Campaign Name|
|Event Type||Campaign Type|
|Event Description||Campaign Description|
|Event Status||Campaign Status|
|Event Start Date||Campaign Start Date|
|Event End Date||Campaign End Date|
|Event Location||Campaign Location|
To synchronize events:
- Go to the Eventbrite module.
- In the Eventbrite Settings page, click Sync Configuration and do the following:
- Select the type of events that you want to synchronize. For example, Draft, Live, Started, etc.
- Select module to which the attendees have to be associated to .
The attendees of the event will be automatically associated and they will be created as leads/ contacts in Zoho CRM based on your selection.
- If you want to start a scheduled synchronization, select Yes from the Enable Scheduled Sync drop-down list.
- Set the frequency of the schedule as Daily or Weekly based on your requirements.
- Click Save Settings.
Based on these settings, events will be synchronized.
- Click Synchronization tab.
- Click Start Sync to initiate the synchronization.
The synchronized events from Eventbrite will be accessible in the Campaigns module.
The attendees will be added as contact. These contacts will have the Lead Source value as Eventbrite.
You can also view the personalized questions created along with the event in the Eventbrite Event Questions module.
When you wish to uninstall Eventbrite extension, please note that all the data will be deleted on uninstalling and it cannot be recovered.
To uninstall Eventbrite
- Go to Setup > Marketplace > All.
All the installed extensions are listed. Under All Extensions you can view all the extensions supported in CRM.
- Browse for Eventbrite and click the corresponding Uninstall link.
- Click Ok to confirm.
The extension will be uninstalled and all the data related to Eventbrite will be deleted.