In Zoho CRM, you can create cases by:
- Entering data in the case details form: You can manually fill in the Case details gathered from various external sources.
- Importing cases from external source: You can gather data through various sources and import the CSV and XLS files into Zoho CRM.
- Capturing cases from website: You can create web forms and allow website visitors to submit their case details or questions directly through forms. These details submitted in the website are captured directly into the Cases module.
- Adding from Microsoft Outlook - You can add a customer-specific email message as a case from MS Outlook to the Cases module if you have the Zoho CRM Plug-in for MS Outlook.
- Some of the standard fields may not be visible or editable depending on your organization's business process.
- In case you want to add or modify fields, please contact your System Administrator for more details on the usage of other fields.
Create Cases Individually
You can create cases individually by using the following:
- Filling in the details in the case creation form.
- Cloning the case with a few changes in the existing record.
- By default, the person who creates the case owns it.
- To change owner, click the Change link in the Case Owner field from the Case Details page and select another user.
To create cases
- In the Cases module, click New Case.
- In the Create Case page, enter the case details.(Refer to the Standard Fields)
- Click Save.
To clone cases
- Click the Cases tab, click a particular case that you want to be cloned.
- In the Case Details page, click Clone.
- In the Clone Case page, modify the required case details. (Refer to the Standard Fields)
- Click Save.
Associate Case with Other Records
You can create a 360-degree view of the Case to display all the associated details, such as potentials, cases, open activities, history of the completed activities, attachments, and notes.
In the Campaign Details page, you can associate the following records:
To associate cases with other records
- Open Activities: To add tasks and events
- Closed Activities: To display all the closed tasks and events
- Attachments: To attach documents
- Notes: To add notes