Transactional emails are important messages, so it is a must to know whether your recipients opened and engaged with your emails. In your TransMail account, you will have to enable tracking for open and click tracking in Email Tracking section. Tracking should be enabled separately for each Mail Agent. You can configure your Webhooks to automatically parse the tracked data into your application.
- Email Tracking will happen only if your email body is in html.
- Email tracking is supported only if you are sending through API. For SMTP, currently, we do not support tracking.
Track recipient activity for your emails
- From the left panel, select Mail Agents and select a Mail Agent for which tracking needs to be enabled.
- Navigate to Email Tracking tab. Here you can view Email Tracking Configuration box.
- For Email tracking for your emails? Use the slider to enable.
- Enabled - if you wish to track the transactional emails sent from this Mail Agent.
- Not enabled - if you do not want to track the emails.
- After you enable the tracking, you need to Choose the default value for API parameter. In your API request if the fields "track_opens" and "track_clicks" are not specified then the value selected here will be taken as the default value.
- True - track opens and clicks.
- False - do not track opens and clicks.
- This is the final step in your Email Tracking set up process. You need to enter your domain and get the value for the CNAME record. This record should be then updated in your DNS. Refer here for generic instructions to add CNAME to DNS.
- Enter the domain name you want to use to track your clicks and click on green tick icon.
- Add the CNAME record to your DNS and click on Verify & Save.
- Click on Save to complete the Email Tracking set up.
- After this step, we will be adding these to our Admin records and you will receive an email from us once tracking is enabled for you.If you want to disable your tracking at any point in time, you can do so by disabling the slider for Enable tracking for your emails and saving this configuration.
Before you get started it is important to know that TransMail is for sending transactional emails like welcome emailers, password resets emails, OTPs. We do not support sending of bulk emails or promotional emails like newsletters or marketing campaign emails. If you are looking for a bulk email provider, you can visit Zoho Campaigns.