Larger companies with multiple branches or services may require multiple CRM accounts. However, the core requirements remains the same for each CRM. Hence companies do not want to waste time cutomizing each CRM account individually. Zoho CRM comes with a solution to this problem in the form of Copy Customization. This feature allows users to duplicate the custom settings of one CRM account into another account.
- Copy Customization requires having both the user accounts with same Edition. For example, you cannot copy the customizations from Professional Edition to Enterprise Edition. Both account A and B should have the same Paid Edition. Account B can also be the Trial Version of the Paid Edition.
- The source account should not have a company logo in the template while copying the customization.
- You need the User ID (email address) of the CRM account to which the customization needs to be copied.
- The destination account must be a new one. Copy customization does not work for older CRM accounts.
- Helps focus on specific business issues within an industry.
- Saves time in deploying a fully functional CRM system for several users.
- Umbrella brands
The Copy Customization feature helps organizations get the same custom settings across all their CRM accounts with reduced effort and time. The Zoho CRM user will need to specify the User ID (email address) of the CRM account to which the customization needs the copied. With this feature, you can copy the various customizations that include Fields, Sections, Page Layouts, Tabs, Custom Reports, Email & Inventory Templates, and Logos.
To process copy customization
- Go to Setup > Customization > Copy Customization.
- In the Copy Customization page, specify the User Email (email address) of the user to whose account needs to be copied.
- Click Copy.
An email will be sent to the Super Administrator of the target account. The Copy Customization scheduler starts only after the customer (Super Administrator) confirms the process.
- You can use the Copy Customization feature to copy system-level configurations to the target accounts.
- The account to which you are copying the customizations, should not have any customizations of its own.
- This is a one-time process and you cannot process "Copy Customization" a second time for the same customer.
- Copy Customization requires that both the user accounts are of the same Edition.
The following table lists out the customizations that will be copied and the ones that will not be.
|Customizations that will be copied||Customizations that will not be copied|