Ok, the title is a give away and I’m sure many of you in Sales & Customer Support will definitely find this one useful.
But before I proceed, here’s a little background:
Ever since the launch of the New, Simpler CRM, our aim has been to make your CRM experience as simple as possible. And with Workflow Rules, you should be able to automate most of your activities, so that you focus on spending more time with your prospects and customers.
This update is also an effort towards the same. Here’s more on that:
Imagine a case where you cold-call prospects in the call center you work for. A successful day depends on the number of calls that you have attended to, and also on the number of calls that you have closed. The chances are high that a prospect you called is interested in your offer and would like a follow-up call. You now have to assign this to a field sales rep who has to follow-up with the prospect. With Workflow Rules for Calls, this is how you’d do it:
Create a Workflow Rule for the Calls module. Name the rule the way you like it. The rule should be executed whenever the Call Result is ‘Interested‘.
Create a related task.
Save your Workflow Rule.
Now every time you change the value of the ‘Call Result’ field to ‘Interested’, your Workflow Rule will be executed.
Think of all the benefits:
- No manual entry. Your rule will take care of creating a task, assigning it and the notification too.
- And more importantly, you save time. You can focus on your next call.
There are other ways in which you can use this feature. Like these here:
(Oh, and just to clarify – Activities in Zoho CRM include Tasks, Events and Calls).
- Send email alerts if your task is pending for a week after the due date
- Follow-up calls. Trigger the second or third call based on the call type
- Send notifications to senior management after you complete ‘high-priority’ tasks
- Send meeting invitations to customers automatically
Do try this feature and let us know your thoughts. If you find other scenarios that work well for your business, please share them with us.