Feature updates and Bug Fixes in 2012
This page will list the details of new features and bug fixes in Zoho Creator.
Thursday, December 27, 2012
- Creator Mobile - Support to switch between Mobile and Desktop version
Wednesday, December 18, 2012
- Upgraded security framework
- New currency type "KYD - Caymanian Dollars" included
- Performance improved in adding records through Email
- UX improved in Script tab Form Actions container (introduced internal scroll)
- Issue in updating Application Settings through IE browser is fixed
- Issue in handling special characters (&) in export as XML (RSS) is fixed
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
- Deluge free-flow editor upgraded (to support latest browsers)
Friday, December 7, 2012
- Issue in publish application with data and restore application is fixed
- Issue in adding developers from Manage Users is fixed
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
- Introduced a new pricing plan Enterprise Express edition (unlimited users with 100K records) - check pricing page for more info
- Performance improved in application backup and restore
- Now you can customize the field grouping background color in embedding views (using zc_GrpHdrClr=_00FF00) - More Info
- Data type of the formula field is not retained in exported XLS - Fixed
- Issue in adding custom filters for Added_Time with Today, Yesterday and Tomorrow is fixed
Monday, November 19, 2012
- File upload field supported in update and insert record task (File upload field related scripts are handled better.This is more of a back-end code change than a feature)
- Limit exceed message for integration task is fixed (Proper error message about the limit is displayed when Zoho API limit is reached)
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
- Field comparison operator "Not Contains" is not loading properly in view criteria builder - Fixed
- Developers were not able to create HTML views in public applications (in their client's account) - Fixed
Friday, November 9, 2012
- Issue in adding Fields automatically to auto views are fixed
- Issue in loading field comparison operator in view criteria builder is fixed
- Issue in Formula calculation (if lookup field is used) in Import Data is fixed
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
- Upgraded security framework
- Performance increased in Export XML (at max 2000 records will be returned) - Previously it was failing if the form contains more number of records
Wednesday, October 30, 2012
- Form and HTML view print option loading in IE7 is fixed
- Search records with '&' and '+' are supported
- Issue in bulk editing CRM fields which has empty value is fixed
- New currency type "Uganda Shillings" included
Monday, October 29, 2012
- Included a new validation for Date Fields - You can specify the range now (Allowed Days and Hours)
- Issue in hiding record level print option is fixed
- Issue in downloading google.com URLs from getURL task is fixed
Friday, October 19, 2012
- Remember the login credential supported in Creator Mobile signIn page
- Custom filters supported in Creator Mobile Views
- Upgraded internal logging framework
- Now developers can provide edit access to support (previously we had an issue in it)
- Option provided to show/hide Export and Print actions in View Embed (check the embed customize dialog)
- Issue in handling semi colon (;) in grid view is fixed
Friday, October 12, 2012
- Upgraded security framework
- Performance increased in Lookup "Search and Auto complete" field
- Messages section removed from Home Page (instead emails will be sent to developers/client for application installation requests)
- Create form from File Upload is supported now (check that in new Form creation page)
- Like, StartsWith operators were missing in new view - Included now
- In New View Currency field's symbol and number getting wrapped if the number is big - Fixed
Monday, October 8, 2012
- Now Related fields data can also be searched from Creator Mobile
- Few issues in Lookup "Search and Auto complete" are fixed (previously it was not working if same Lookup data is searched from both Main & SubForm)
- Performance increased in Backup, BulkEdit, Import DS and Script generation.
Friday, October 5, 2012
- Some validation included for search records in Creator Mobile
- Export & Print option is not visible in views embedded in Zoho Sites (integration) - Fixed
Monday, October 1, 2012
- Creator Mobile theme (Black) changed
- Search records is now supported in Creator Mobile
- Issue in save records in grid view (with more 15 columns) is fixed
- Records updated from API were not updated properly in Reports - Fixed
- Emails will be sent instead of message when a requester requests for an application (Marketplace).
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
- File upload fields are now supported in iOS 6 devices (iPhone and iPad)
- Performance increased in Custom Theme generation
- Upgraded security framework
- Issue in creating Payment Form is fixed.
Monday, September 17, 2012
- New View performance increased
- Now changing currency type and decimal length will be automatically updated in reports
- Formula recalculation code optimized
- New currency type "PGK Papua New Guinean" included
Thursday, September 13, 2012
- Page load time improved for Edit Mode Share Tab
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
- Upgraded security framework
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
- Now filters (both auto & custom filters) in the view can be placed in the order you want
- XML RPC API performance increased
- Performance increased in custom theme generation
- Default usage limit modified for new signups
- Insert record task 500 to 5000
- Emails for Free users 500 to 250
- Zoho API for Free users 500 to 50
Thursday, August 23, 2012
- Additional parameters sent to REST ADD API are ignored. Earlier the API call will fail if parameters do not match field names in the form. The behavior is changed to use REST API calls as callback url for payment gateways
- For shared users, enabled Export and View underlying data of Reports
- Enabled support for fetching more than 200 invoices in zoho.invoice.getInvoices task
- Enabled support for specifying week start date in Calendar view
- Now events can be edit & deleted from the event title (previously it is done from the event popup)
- Performance optimization done for Email data feature
- Performance optimization done for Export data from view
Friday, August 16, 2012
- In addition to Logo customization we have now included the customization for Favicon.
- Reports creation/regeneration with related pick-list fields issue is fixed (occurs when parent form and child form is placed in different section)
- Issue in displaying parent records(view) from Lookup/Subform links is fixed (occurs when a public user is accessing it)
- Fixed issue in formula field calculation in edit record with "Only visible fields" option enabled (occurs when the field participates formula is not shown in edit record)
- Now Deluge criteria syntax can be provided as criteria value in APIs (using a post parameter "criteria")
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
- In addition to PDF export in Reports now we support many other formats like XLS, CSV, HTML and IMAGE.
- Now you can even export only filtered records from Reports. (previously all the records will be exported)
- Event drag-down/resize doesn't handle application timezone - Fixed (more info)
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
- Usability enhancements done inview.
- New criteria builder is used in View -> "Set Criteria" (More UI based options instead of writing Deluge criteria)
- Hereafter OnEdit --> OnSuccess and OnValidate scripts will be executed when a event in Calendar view is resized and drag-drop.
- Code optimized in Form, Field deletion and Field type change
- Sharing related code optimized
- Performance increased in View rendering and in general the overall system
- Formula field type change will now gets automatically reflected in Reports - Previously you have to remove and add it in Reports
- Append task (of Deluge) will retain the state of the Checkbox and Radio (previously new elements will be added in enabled state even if the field is disabled)
- Now Integration tasks can be added via Script Builder.
- New currency types included - "LYD Libyan dinar" and "LTL Lithuanian Litas"
- More schedules can be purchased as Addon (from upgrade planpage) -
- This can be done only from https://creator.zoho.com/upgradeplan
- Short-Circuit evaluation of Boolean expression.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
- Issue in error handling of IF Expression fixed.
- Cache framework parameters modified for better performance.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
- Support for using authtoken for making API requests to creator application.Now API requests can be made either with ticket or Auth Token.
- Cache framework enhancements for better performance.
- Fix for issue with displaying radio/checkbox field in bulk edit dialog.
- Page size is made auto instead of A4 in Reports export as PDF.
- Calendar View : Embed (it will auto adjust according to the IFRAME width/height) and Print (event title is displayed within the event date now) related issues fixed.
- Improved Calendar view. More
- Provision to specify event/task Start and End date is supported (to be configured in design mode)
- Supported Week & Day in addition to Month view
- Resize and Drag & Drop to update the event time
- Radio and Checkbox field can display options in multi-column layout (maximum of 3 columns)
- In addition to Link option, Image fields now support File Upload option too
- In new form creation page you will be provided with an option to create form in new Section/Tab (in addition to choosing existing Section/Tab).
- Script population/saving performance is increased (Import Script)
- Issue in providing edit access to support (by developer) is fixed and sharing from deluge task is also fixed
- Increased performance in rendering Share Details
- Support to show only visible fields in the view while editing the form. Note: Client side script actions (OnUserInput and OnLoad) will not be executed.
- Fixed timezone related problems in Date field search (in View)
- Fields which are hidden in view live mode should be visible in view json and xml REST APIs. Previously it is not sent as JSON/XML output
- Performance increased in Reports data syncing, also fixed issues in syncing data which has related fields before the Lookup field (in View)
- Introduced deluge task for creating event in ZohoCalendar. More.
- In Creator Mobile components are displayed within section header and modified the UI to suit IPhone and Android devices
- Option to print selected records, also option to print it as Summary record (also provided one record per page)
- Currency field will be displayed with the symbol from now onwards
- Firefox 11 (beta) supported
- Lookup Search and AutoComplete - Supported all script actions (like ui:add, clear)
- Enabled support for creating Expense,Expense Category and Estimate in ZohoInvoice. More
- Data added via Email Data is not synced in Reports - Fixed
- SubForm records are notsynchronizedin Reports and Form Schedule - Fixed
- Reports is getting corrupted when the field type is changed - Fixed
- Creating application from DS optimized.
- Issues with Application authorization when primary emailid is modified - Fixed
- Report will use maximum size of the screen from now on (more info).
- Workflow is getting corrupted when a built-in function of a particular type(eg. number) is applied to another data type(eg. string) - Fixed
- Option to show one record per page in Summary view isavailablenow (newly provided options 1,2 & 5 records per page)
- Lookup Search and AutoComplete - Advance display options and Criteria is supported
- In Creator Mobile views were not displayed if the form (of this view) present in hidden section - Fixed
- Provided an option to print one record per page - currently it is in parameter (zc_OneRecordPerPage=true) level will be exposed in UI soon
- Partial support for fixed column headers in views (Not supported in IE browsers and for content which has horizontal scroll bar)
- Enhancements in View Live mode
Searchable Lookup field - Options in the lookup field will be displayed as auto complete- Reverted will be available soon
- SubForm relation can be used in existing relations while adding a Lookup (Bidirectional support)
- Support for displaying multiple fields as SubForm records in view (check View -> Column Properties of any SubForm)
- Custom Actions reordering is supported
- Option to display Formula fields in Form live mode (example: Total Price = [Quantity * Price of the Product])
- Script builder support for SubForm actions
- SubForm is supported in Export XLS
Earlier Updates and Bug Fixes