Zoho Creator for Google Apps
Table of Contents
- Activate Zoho Creator for your Google apps domain
- Import Google Apps users to Zoho Creator
- Upload Files from Google Docs
- Email Data ( Form Alias Email Id )
- Create applications from Google Spreadsheets and Google Forms
- Import Data into an existing Form/View from Google Spreadsheets and Google Forms
- Share application with Google Apps users and groups
- Zoho Creator Home Page
Zoho Creator for Google Apps enables easy access of Zoho Creator applications for Google apps users. If your organization is using Google Apps, you can easily install Zoho Creator service into your organization's Google Apps account to collaborate, communicate and share information, all in a single, centralized place. Watch this video to gain a quick understanding of Zoho Creator -Google Apps integration.
Zoho Creator supports the following features for integration of Google apps with Zoho Creator.
- Log in to Zoho Creator from Google's universal navigation with your Google Apps credentials.
- Import all Google apps users in your domain as a picklist to your Zoho Creator form.
- Upload files from Google docs to Zoho Creator.
- Monitor emails sent to Google groups and create tickets automatically.
- Create application from Google Spreadsheet.
- Import data into existing Form/View from Google Spreadsheet.
- Share the Zoho Creator applications with your organization's Google apps users, user groups and external users.
- If you are an Administrator of a Google Apps account, follow these steps:
- Login to your Google Apps account
- From your Dashboard, click the Add more services link. This will take you to the services page
- On the services page, click the Shop the marketplace link. This will take you to the Google Apps Marketplace
- Search for Zoho Creator and go to the Zoho Creators listing page
- Click the Add it now button at the top-right
- Enter your domain name and activate Zoho Creator for your Google Apps domain
- You and your Google Apps users will now be able to access Zoho Creator from Google's universal navigation bar.
- Only the administrator of Google Apps domain who first access the Zoho Creator account after installation, will be assigned the role of "administrator".
- All other administrators and users can access only the application shared by the first administrator. They will be configured as either "Developer" or "User" in the administrator account.
- If the other administrator or user is configured as a "developer", they can create application in administrators account.
- If the other administrator or user in this domain already have application in their account, it will not be listed in their "Home page". They can either move their applications to the administrator account or move it to any of their other personal account.
Google apps users with Administrator privilege can add users from Google Apps to Zoho Creator using "Gapps" field type listed under "Advanced Fields". This field would be of great value for applications that are closely built around team collaboration needs. Please find the steps given below to add Google apps users to your Zoho Creator form
1. Drag and drop the "Gapps" field type to your form.
2. This field provides you a choice to display the username, emailid or role, as shown in the screen-shot given below. Select the required choice and click on Done, to add the field to your form.
3. In live mode, the Google apps user field will display the Google apps user names, email id or role, as per the choice selected above.
- For new accounts created after April 2014,
- Gapps 'users' field is not supported.
- Domain sharing is not supported.
Zoho Creator enables Google Apps users to upload files from Google Docs to Zoho Creator. The hassle of downloading can be avoided and you can have instant access to view your files from Zoho Creator. Google Docs enables users to create, edit, share and manage Documents, Spreadsheets and Presentations on the Internet and work together in real time. Zoho Creator strives to make cloud computing a better experience and the integration with Google Docs gives you a better way to share documents to your Creator records.
To upload files from Google Apps, follow these steps:
- Drag and drop the "File Upload" field type to your form. The browse options to upload files from local computer, Zoho Docs or Google Docs will be displayed, as shown in the screen-shot below. Select the "Google Docs" check box and click on Done to add the file upload field to your form.
- In live mode, the file upload field will displays the browse options as configured above. To upload files from Google Docs, select Google Docs and click on Browse. In the Attach from Google Docs overlay, select the required document(s), spreadsheet(s) or presentation(s) and click OK. The selected file will be uploaded to Zoho Creator.
Zoho Creator can monitor emails sent to Google groups and create tickets automatically, using the Form alias email id .
To fetch an email sent to your google group in Zoho Creator form, follow these steps:
- Create form with two fields ZC_Subject and ZC_Content and make the form public. Refer the following image of an example form.
- Specify the Google group email id in Form Properties as described in the following image
- Add the forms.zohocreator.com email id given in the form properties as member of the Google group so that any mail sent to the Google group is forwarded to Zoho Creator email id.
- Any emails sent to the Zoho Creator email-id generated in the step3 will get added as record in the Zoho Creator form. Refer the help topic Email data for more details on the email data feature.
Zoho Creator enables Google Apps users to create applications in Zoho Creator by importing data from Google Spreadsheets and Google Forms. Please refer this Help topic for more information.
Zoho Creator enables Google Apps users to import data into existing forms and views in a Zoho Creator application, from Google Spreadsheet.Please refer this Help topic for more information.
The administrator who creates the Zoho Creator account in his Google apps domain will be able to share the application with Google apps users and user groups in the domain. The Share tab displays the layout of the application on the left-side with the forms and views arranged under each tab, as shown in the screen-shot below. Refer the topic Customize Look and Feel to customize the layout of your application as tabbed layouts or as pane layouts. Zoho Creator enables the Google apps administrator to share the entire application or only specific forms and views in the application. The number of Google apps users with whom the application can be shared, depends on the subscription plan.
- Select the Share tab of your application. This will display the Share dialog, with the Invite tab enabled. If you are sharing your application for the first time, the message "This application is private. You have not shared this application with anyone" will be displayed, as shown in the screen-shot below.
- Zoho Creator supports three levels of sharing your application with users. You can share the entire application (i.e) all forms/views in the application, or share a page (i.e) all the forms and views configured in a specific page/tab or only specific forms and views in the application. Select the required component from the Select Component tree, displayed on the left-side.
- In the Share with Users section, click on Select Users to display the list of Google apps users in your domain.
- The users in your domain will be listed as shown in the screen-shot given below. You can select specific users in the list or use the Select All check box to select all users in the list. Click on Add button, to add the selected users to the share dialog.
- The emailids of the selected Google apps users will be listed in the Users text area as comma separated values. Click on the Share button, to share the selected component with the users.
- The administrator can also share an application with external users, outside of his domain. External users will have to login into Zoho Creator to access the application. If external users are not already logged in, the Google Apps login will be displayed by default.
To share application with Google apps user groups, click on Select Groups from the Share tab.The user groups in your domain will be listed. You can select specific user groups in the list or use the Select All check box to select all user groups in the list. Click on Add button, to add the selected user groups to the share dialog.
This feature will enable the administrator to share his application with all users in the Google Apps domain, with a single click.
To share with all domain users,
- Select the component to be shared and select the check-box Include all users in your domain in share dialog .
- When a domain user accesses the shared link he will be added to the Manager user list with active / inactive status, based on the pricing plan. If inactive, a message will be displayed informing the user to contact the application owner.
- The Shared Details tab will display the number of shared users and groups for each component.
- You can click on the link displayed near each component to view the list of users and groups.
The Google apps administrator can add new users, delete existing users, activate or deactivate users and change roles from the Manage Users link displayed in the Share tab. By default, a user will be added with role as "User". If you'd like to change the "Role" of an existing user to "Developer" or vice versa, click on the "change" link displayed next to the "Role" of a user.
|Role||Definition||What he can do|
|Administrator||Is the first administrator who creates the Zoho Creator account in his Google apps domain|
|Developer||Is a shared user with role as "Developer"|
|User||Is a shared user with role as "User"|
Admin Home Page
The administrator who logs in to Zoho Creator using Google Apps login will be able to create new applications in the domain , access all applications in the domain, manage users, upload logo, backup applications, view and change subscription plans. A screen-shot of the Admin home page is given below.
Developer Home Page
A developer who logs in to Zoho Creator using Google Apps login will be able to create and access his applications from the My Apps link, access shared applications from the Shared Apps link displayed on the left-side of the Home page. A screen-shot of the developer home page is given below.
User Home Page
Shared users with role as "user" will be able to access only applications shared by the administrator, from the Shared Apps link displayed on the left-side of the Home page. A screen-shot of the user home page is given below.