As more companies, including ours, work from home by default to contain the outbreak of COVID-19, it’s only natural for employees and teams to go through a period of self-adjustment. But that’s how we’ll learn to adapt, isn’t it?
Keeping that in mind, we’ve put together a quick guide to effectively use Zoho Writer to collaborate with your team, wherever you are.
1. Start by adding teammates to your documents and give each collaborator different levels of editing permissions, depending on their role in the process.
2. Suggestions can be made in two ways. One option is to select a block of text and add contextual comments. This way, you can give feedback without making direct changes to the document.
3. Another option is to make edits to the document directly using Track Changes. This helps you give direct suggestions for change, while the document owner can easily see and choose whether to accept or reject those edits.
4. Working on the go? You can create and edit documents without an active internet connection. Writer saves your changes to sync whenever you reconnect.
5. Are some of your teammates more comfortable working outside of the web-browser? No matter what device or browser they prefer, Writer has you covered.
If you aren’t using Writer yet, you can create your Zoho account for free and start by importing your existing MS Word docs, text files, and other compatible files. All the features we’ve listed are free for everyone as well.
Stay safe, and happy writing! =]
Get the complete remote working tool kit with Zoho Remotely: you can now use Zoho Writer alongside the suite of products that’ll power you and your team to maintain a close-knit and productive working environment. Zoho is offering Remotely for free to help organizations who choose to work remotely during the COVID-19 crisis.