Any online meeting or web meeting will be a painless experience only if joining the meeting is easy and simple. Zoho Meeting, our simple and secure online meeting provider, has made joining a meeting much simpler now, with our new HTML viewer. A viewer is a web page or plugin, with which one can join an online meeting. Zoho Meeting has been offering three viewers, based on Java, ActiveX and Flash for the participants so far. Our Flash-based viewer was developed to do away the installation. But again, it depends on the flash plugin. Hence, we started exploring the latest html technology to get rid of even such minimal dependencies. Thus, we created the new HTML viewer.
This new HTML viewer neither requires any installation nor is dependent on any plugin. Just a single click to join a meeting leads you to the viewer and within seconds you will be inside the meeting.
The HTML viewer is
- secure, supports corporate proxies and firewalls as the data transmission happens entirely through web browser
- robust and increases the screen refresh rate i.e., the speed of the desktop sharing
- browser-friendly, as html talks in the browser’s native language, which is not the case with plugins.
- user friendly, as participants can request control to the host desktop seamlessly.
- supported by Google Chrome (1+), Mozilla Firefox (3.0+), Internet Explorer (9+), Safari (3+) and Opera (9.5+).
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.