This report provides all kinds of details that enable you to keep track of customer retention.
- Active Customers
- Net Cancellations
- Subscription Summary
- Activations by country
- Subscription cancellation due to payment failure
Number of customers who have signed up including the users who are in trial. Customers may or may not switch to a paid plan. The number of sign ups gives you the number of people using your product.
Number of customers who have paid for the product in the selected time frame. In other words, number of activations can be looked at as the number of first payments received from the customer in the selected duration.
This includes 2 cases.
- Customers upgrading from trial to a paid plan.
- New customers directly signing up for a paid plan.
If 4 customers upgraded to a paid plan and 2 new customers signed up directly for a paid plan in a day, the number of activation for that day would be 6.
Number of customers subscribed to a paid plan till date. This does not include customers who are in trial.
Consider that there are 20 active customers. If 5 customers have upgraded to a paid plan and 3 customers have canceled their subscriptions, the number of active customers would be 22.
This includes the number of cancellations with the number of reactivations of plans deducted.
Net cancellations = Number of cancellations in a day - Number of reactivations in the same day.
You can also find three tables below the Net Cancellations graph.
- The first table lists the plans and their cancellation count letting you find out which plan was canceled the most.
- The second table lets you understand which customer had canceled which plan and when.
- The third table provides details regarding customers who have reactivated their subscriptions including the canceled plan and the plan that they are currently in.
Number of subscriptions that get renewed in the selected time duration. This will also include the renewal invoices charged due to dunning.
You can also find two tables under the “Renewals” graph.
- The first table gives you the details of the plan renewed and the number of times it was renewed.
- The second tables provides details regarding which customer has renewed which plan and when.
Subscription summary involves a tabular view of Signups, Activations, Cancellations, Reactivations and Active Customers on a particular day or month.
Subscriptions Details displays everything we need to know about a subscription. This includes status of the subscription, name of the customer involved, their email address, cost of the subscription and the plan subscribed.
The date on which the subscription was created, when it was last billed and the next billing date is also displayed.
Activations by Country
Number of paid subscriptions in a country for a selected duration of time.
Subscription cancellation due to payment failure
This report displays the details of subscriptions that are canceled after dunning (sufficient retries are made to charge the customer’s card).